21: Texting You

"How did you get so drenched? Are you fine Y/N?", Everyone at once came to receive me as I returned back to the camp.

Though I was soaked to skin and it was freezing cold, surprisingly I felt warm. My cheeks felt so hot and I didn't know how to respond.

Jimin had told me to go alone when we had reached a bit nearer to the camp. He said that he would sneak in and told me to take care of myself. I simply nodded, not saying anything.

"I am alright. I just fell into the water because I slipped.", I said.

"Woah, you fell into the water? How did you come out?"

"I swam myself out....It was shallow....", I replied.

"Oh my god, It's great that you are fine. Go and change your clothes and have some sleep. It will do you good."

"Sure, thank you.", I said.

After I had left, some other staffs started talking.

"She is so brave. Even though she fell into the water, she could come out. Miss Kim is truly something."

"Yes, It's scary enough to go there alone and on top of that, she even fell into the water. That's some pure bad luck. Hats off to her."

A lady employee was standing at one corner. She seemed thoughtful and her face looked like she was in a deep thought.

"What happened to you? What have you been thinking?", Her friend asked her as she approached her.

"Irene, don't you think it's weird?", She asked.

"What's weird, Bora?"

"Everything. The fact that Miss Kim was able to come back safe and sound even though she fell into the water itself, is kinda fishy."

"She told that it was shallow.", Irene said.

"Then, what was that coat doing on her shoulders?", Bora asked.

"Coat? Which coat?"

"The Black coat. I remember that Miss Kim didn't actually take any coat with her and suddenly, she came back with a black coat. Whose coat is that?"

"Ohhh, I remember the coat now. What does that mean then?"

"That means she wasn't alone and she was accompanied by someone.", Bora told.

"But everyone's here and nobody has gone out.", Irene told.

"Someone snuck out."

"I don't remember anyone wearing a black coat.", Irene said.

"We can't see something here. We are missing something...something big..", Bora said.

"Let's talk about this tomorrow. Let's go to sleep now.", Irene told and they both set off to their own camps.

*****

I tossed and turned inside my tent but I couldn't sleep. The memories of before flooded in my mind making me blush.

I bit my lips thinking about the kiss. My cheeks which were already hot further heated up.

"Stop thinking about that Y/N. Stop thinking about that.", I chanted inside my head.

"Ugh, why did he have to do that? I can't sleep now!"

I was in a full blown conversation with myself.

Did you ever expect him to like you?

"Never. I wouldn't have ever believed that."

Do you like him?