Chapter 21 - Remarkable

(Y/N)'s POV
Goodness, what an event that was, at least I got things cleaned up and situated. Ink got quite excited about that, it gave me a good laugh. But right now, I have to wait for my clothes to wash and dry. I got Papyrus's scarf from my desk and wrapped it around my neck, at least this didn't get dirty. I sat down at my desk and took the time to read more books like Aftertale, Underfell, Underswap, Dancetale, or at least the ones that I know of at the moment because there are thousands of different universes.

After reading and checking on the laundry, my clothes finally finished washing and drying. I changed and quickly settled myself. Now, I have to run some errands today and those will be thanking Core Frisk and Sci for the necklace. I summoned a portal to Sci's universe and was on my way to thank him for the necklace.

I was in a huge laboratory, a bunch of machines, wires, and paper all around me. I looked around the room for Sci, but he wasn't here. I decided to go to another room to search for him and called for him, but no response back. I continued looking around until I found a wooden door with his name on it. I knocked on the door and waited for an answer but I got nothing. I opened the door and peeked my head into the room.

Sci was in the room, he was sleeping at his desk; stacks of papers and books were all over his desk. He had a nice office though, quite cozy and organized. On his wall was a photo of him, his brother, Frisk, and a bunch of his other friends. I walked over to his desk and crouched down to Sci's head, then I nudged him a bit. His desk was a bit of a mess but overall, it was still organized. There was also a picture frame on his desk with a photo of him and many other Sanses. I nudged Sci again and he slowly opened his eyes and looked at me for a few seconds.

Sci's POV
I woke up from my nap to see (Y/N) looking at me; I blushed, "...(Y/N)?" I quickly sat up, "What are you doing here?"

She moved my books aside and sat down on my desk, "Oh, I just wanted to see you."

I blushed, "R-Really...?!"

"Yep! And I also wanted to thank you for the necklace."

"The necklace...?" I thought for a bit, "Oh yes! How is it?"

She showed me the necklace, "It's lovely! But I was wondering how you did it."

I opened my drawer and shuffled through some papers and found the blueprint, "Well," I handed her the paper, I was working with Core Frisk on this. It wasn't that hard but it was a challenge since this kind of thing was never done before."

She scanned through the writing, "So, what exactly does this do with my soul?"

"Well-" She cut me off.

"Actually, why don't you show me?"

"Oh! Well..." I stood up from my desk, "Let's go into the lab then."

(Y/N) followed behind me as I made my way into a secure part of the laboratory, I turned around to face (Y/N) and summoned a gaster blaster. She reacted quickly but I continued my attacks on her. I did everything I can not to hurt her because of course, I don't want to hurt her but I have to keep up the illusion that I'm training her. But stars, she has an amazing reaction time and great dodging skills, unlike anything I've seen.

After a few gaster blasters and bone attacks, I let (Y/N) catch her breath. "Maybe it'll be easier if I explain the qualities of the necklace."

She giggles and teleports in front of me, "Alright."

We decided to go back to my office since it was a bit more comfortable there. "The marble is concealing your soul, meaning that it's protecting you; like if Error were to use his strings, he won't be able to wrap it around your soul because he can't detect it, however, it won't fully protect you from attacks. You're still at risk of getting injured or harmed, but not to the full extent. If the marble ever cracks, it weakens its properties and if it breaks, you won't be protected anymore. So, as long as that marble is concealing your soul, you'll be protected." She nods, "Do you have any questions?"

She shook her head, "But, I do have a few other questions."

(Y/N)'s POV
I asked Sci a bunch of questions, some related to the laboratory but a majority of it was about him since I didn't really know much about him. Then again, I could've read about him before I came here but having a regular conversation seems nice for once and awhile. Sci is basically the younger version of classic Sans. I also asked Sci about his experience with meeting the other Sanses and everything in general. Overall, it was a nice time.

Sci also told me about a few different Alternate Universes that I haven't yet heard or read of like Epictale, Mafiatale, Chesstale, and a bunch more. Those will definitely be something I'll be reading in the future. As we were finished laughing from each other's jokes, Sci placed his hand over mine.

"(Y/N)..." He blushes, "I've been meaning to tell you something lately and I know we've only had a few encounters, but I think I-"

Just before Sci could finish, a random portal appeared above him and out came Fresh. "Wiggity woo what's up bros!"

Sci screamed, "Fresh! What are you doing here?!"

I helped them up, "My broseph was acting all uncool."

"... Error?"