Chapter - 1: The Girl that Never Dies

"KAGUYAAAA!!!!" The seemingly young woman shouted, her body set aflame by the eternal fire, soaring above the clouds with her wings sprouted behind her. She was heading towards the laughing woman in the long dark burgundy skirt and pink shirt, the moon behind her as bullets and lasers of many colors rained on the blazing female.

[Divine Treasure "Brilliant Dragon Bullet"]

The lethal barrage chipped away at her body bit by bit but her speed remained the same, accelerating even. The arm that she just lost due to her rash actions regenerated, the flames shaping into the limb as it drew back with the fists balled.

 The hand slams against the raven-haired woman's face square in the face, melting her skin and cracking some of her bones until her neck detaches itself from her shoulders. The decapitated head flies to the moon, her long black hair sprawling all over as blood just spurts everywhere.

The body fell back for a moment before stopping and hovering motionlessly. Slowly, faint blue lights surrounded where her head was. It slowly shapes itself into what was blown away just a couple of seconds ago. 

She opens her brown eyes and looks at the woman that had seemingly killed her.

"My, Mokou, what did I do this time to draw your ire this much?" Kaguya asked the red sashinuki hakama-wearing woman. "You're not even following the rules of the danmaku match."

Mokou rubs her nose, a bit of flame residue around her fingers.

"Should it really matter? You really annoy me for sending fricking assassins just to kill me!"

"I guess it really doesn't matter. Danmaku or not we're not going to die anytime soon. Or at all, really." She chuckled, raising her sleeved arm that points towards the immortal woman.

 [Divine Treasure "Hourai Jewel"]

Immediately the barrage of bullets appeared, spreading across the sky in an eccentric pattern. They surrounded Mokou, giving her no room to escape. It became a massive narrow maze that she has guide herself through. 

Or she could just plow through everything and take the pain. She wasn't going to die, even in this untraditional danmaku match against her eternal rival. She clasps her hand together, burning together as the undying Phoenix appears behind her. 

[Inextinguishable "Phoenix's Tail"]

A sea of fire emerges in front of Kaguya, flames that can turn a normal person to ash in seconds. Moving in a rather straight pattern but at different paces, making it harder for her to evade as it creates little to no space for her in an unpredictable manner. 

The two women continued to fight across the firmament, under the graceful moon that overseers their bout. They fought to the teeth against each other, killing each other, over and over and over again. No matter how fiendish the wounds were, they regenerated every last bit of it as if nothing happened. 

Decapitation, incineration, disembowelment, all were too common for them. 

In the end, the two were still hovering in the air with some of their clothes torn apart from their match. They were tired beyond belief but their bodies weren't. They were mentally fatigued from experiencing the brutal sting of death multiple times, coming back from just glints and glows of light. 

"It's been a while since we've let loose like that." Kaguya mentioned, fixing her hime-cut hair from all the rough scuffle it just went through. 

"I'll agree with you for once. I feel a bit better about myself now that I've turned you into a flaming corpse a couple of times." Mokou let out an exasperated but satisfied sigh before turning her back. "I'm gonna go home."