9

Tyler

"Are you sure you know what you're doing?" I asked as I watched Lisa point the men in different directions.

"Yes." She said confidently. "Ms.Rose gave me very specific instructions and I'm following them."

"Alright." I sighed. "When are you going to get this wall knock down and the windows put up?"

"Wall was scheduled to get knocked down Today, but Ms.Rose wanted to be here to make sure they didn't mess anything up." She explained. "So that's been pushed back for when she returns."

"So what are you doing Today?" I asked.

"I'm making sure the pipes and wiring are on track to being down next week and I'm also going to go check on the lighting fixtures that Ms.Rose is having made." Lisa said. "Is there anything you'd like me to start on Today?"

"Yeah. My windows." I said. "That's the biggest part."

"Well, I can't do that." She said. "Ms.Rose told me specifically..." I cut her off.

"I don't care what she said." I said. "Have them come and take the measurements. If they mess anything up, we'll just have them redo it all."

"But sir, that's gonna take up a lot of time and resources. Not to mention it'll be way more expensive because they'll have to knock out glass, level the walls again, and start all over." She said. "That'll throw the process back by weeks. We'll have to..."

"What I'm paying for, anyway?" I asked. "You to argue with me about this stuff or you to do as you're told?"

"Sir.." I cut her off.

"If you can't do the job, I'll get someone else who can." I said. "I'll leave it to you to tell Amari all about how you made her lose a client."

"I'll call the window men now." She nodded rushing off.

This is why assistants aren't meant to be left in charge. I left the hotel and went back home where Danielle was sitting in the living room on her laptop.

"Hey baby." I leaned down and kissed her cheek.

"Hi." She smiled. "Tyler, I've been thinking."

"About?" I asked sitting beside her.

"My life." She said. "I think I should start modeling or something."

"Really?" I asked.

"Yeah." She nodded. "I've been looking into agencies, managers, photo shoot opportunities. All of that."

"And what did you find?" I asked.

"That it's gonna be a lot of work getting started, but I can definitely do it." She said. "What do you think?"

"I think you should go for it." I smiled at her. "I can see you being a model."

"Great." She closed her laptop. "Because I already scheduled an audition and a meeting with a potential management team."

"Do you want me to come with you?" I asked.

"If you can." She smiled softly at me. "I'm not really good with all of this business stuff. You know that."

"Of course I know." I laughed. "I mean, you're great at financing though. I could see you being an accountant or something having to do with math."

"A rocket scientist?" She asked with a playful grin.

"Absolutely not." I shook my head and she jumped on me.

"I definitely could."

That Night

"This is God awful." I groaned staring at the window panels Lisa had installed. "How did you let them fuck it up this bad?"

"I was supervising some..." I cut her off.

"Do you not know how to double task?" I asked. "Drew, get Amari on the phone."

"Yes sir." Drew nodded walking away.

"Sir, I already talked with Ms.Rose about this." Lisa hurried to say.

"What did she say?" I asked.

"That she would talk to their bosses the day after she gets back." Lisa said. "This'll be fixed as soon as possible."

"Well, I still need to talk to her because inevitably, this falls on her ability to do her job." I said grabbing the phone from Drew. "It's too late at night for this."

"Hello?" Amari answered.

"When will you be back? These windows are horrendous." I said.

"In two days." She sighed. "I'm gonna get them fixed as soon as I get back."

"Did you see them? Did anyone send you a photo? These can't be fixed in a day." I said.

"Well, you told Lisa to get them done and she did." Amari said. "There's a reason why I told them to wait until I got back."

"This is her job. She should know how to do it." I argued with her.

"That isn't her job." Amari sighed. "Her job is to make schedules, receive, edit, and revise contracts, and do whatever else it is that I tell her to do. You interfered with her job the moment you walked into that hotel."

"Whatever. Just be prepared for what you're about to see." I said and hung up.

I sent her pictures of the awful window and could just envision the look of disappointment that had found it's way onto Amari's face.

"That's it for the day." I said putting my phone in my pocket. "You can go now."

"Yes sir." Lisa nodded walking away.

—————————

Y'all... I don't really be knowing what to write for Tyler to make him seem less like an asshole, but I promise some drama is coming.

I have mixed feelings about these next few chapters, but only because of the events that transpire in them.

Anyway, bye!