Flowerfall

Sans was silent: Which was unusual.

Sans was red: Also unusual.

Eight pairs of eyes stared on as the skeleton sat tensely throughout dinner- you sending him worried glances in between bites at his clam-like state. No jokes. No teasing. No loud laughter. It was like the mental Sans had up and left the wheel leaving this silent shell behind.

If it was baffling to the audience before him- then his mind was the extremity of that bafflement: It was his first time actually- well, taking the time to observe you closely, with a clear conscious that didn't involve sex. And holy hell you were gorgeous to him.

Speechless was the right term for this state. But one could also use the word bashful- nevertheless, as you finished, Sans rose, walking with you (noiselessly might I add) to his- well, rather: your room. Once you disappeared behind the cane divider to change did he finally breathe, sitting on the edge of the bed, skull racing a million miles per hour. He wanted to win you over, that was for sure- and he— he wanted to do right by you, be the guy you deserved. He could wait. He sighed happily. He could wait...

"So... you've been quiet..." you called out from behind the divider. He seized up again. His thoughts quickly derailed from calm to a crazed race of dirty thoughts that streamed endlessly, each one teasing about what was behind the divider. No! You needed respect! And he was gonna deliver! He was a man of his word after all and- oh god he wanted to see the curves of your breasts. Desperately. He let out a wheezing cough, the cherry skull making its second appearance.

"Uhhh, yeah, yeah- I've just been- uh, thinking! A lot of stuff has been-" A flash of thigh was seen through a sliver in the divider, Sans cocking his head, following it: "Weighin' on my mind ya know?" He trailed off before you stepped out from the divider, Sans gulping. God damn it- it was just a simple nightgown but- damn. He was choking on his own tongue over here! You wandered over, hips swaying in an innocent way that spoke to the only functioning part left in his brain: Protect.

"I get it." You nodded, folding the sheets back so you could slide into the four poster bed- and place a pillow down the middle of the bed, dividing it. You weren't warming up to him just yet. You lay your head down with a content sigh that almost made him smile. "Sans?" He blinked into attention. "Yeah?" "...Thank you... for your apology, I mean. A-And coming for me. Though I'm still mad you used me as bait..." you murmured, rolling over onto your side. He cracked a smile after that. He gazed at you for a minute or two, the sight practically inviting him into bed.

Though he didn't need sleep, he was too lazy for even that- he didn't mind in shedding his thick coat and cautiously sliding in almost besides you. He blissfully watched you for a few moments, sockets wandering over every square inch of your shoulders that lay bare to him- just waiting to be peppered with kisses. He restrained himself with what little he had- contenting himself instead with his thoughts.

He didn't want to screw this up- not with you so close to him. He closed his sockets in surrender, revelling in the comfort this brought him- to bad his dreams, rather, memories wouldn't reflect the same.

He didn't want to do it...

It was ordered to be done.

He didn't want to do it.

Only until he had walked out of the great hall after bowing at the king's wishes did he allow himself to buckle.

There was a traitor in the gang, leaking information in order to take the king down- that very same traitor very close to all. Kind, soft-spoken, easily the most beloved monster in the kingdom. Gaster had taken the assignment without complaint or question upon the king's private orders- though Sans knew they both held a familiar ache-

They had been ordered to kill the queen.

Their compassionate queen was wanted for treason- consorting with other gangs was punishable by death. And they were the solution. The duo crunched on through the snow silently- Sans staring holes into the frosted ground that only seemed to accumulate more falling snow, like it was inevitable that they would meet. Much like how their task would make the end of Toriel's fate.

"I don't feel right killing her majesty..." Sans grumbled from underneath his coat, shuffling on. "Death claims royals everyday. Don't let it bother you." Gaster said, looking ahead. "We'll be known as traitors to the crown after this." "That's why he asked us specifically- he had to frame someone." "We'll be hunted." "We're the most powerful beings in the underground, let alone above. We will be fine." Gaster answered sharply as their destination made itself present on their horizon, Sans' face still downcast.

They were directed towards the snow-dusted gardens, their short-lived search finally coming to an end as they spotted Toriel who sat kneeling, back-turned amongst the blue ivy plants powdered with snow. "I see you've come." She said simply, soft voice a whisper. Gaster giving a nod: "We were given our orders my queen- we cannot disobey." Un-turning, she smiled gently: "I bare, nor hold no ill will- you must do what you must do. But please understand that what he does was not seen as right in my eyes. I only felt the need to express myself by exposing them as you both sat idly by with your gang doing nothing. You saw just as well as I did, I do so hope you understand." "We do my queen." "Very well."

Was this it? Had she resigned to being killed-? She knew full well what was about to happen. Sans couldn't help the guilt that pressed down heavily on his ribs.

Unbeknownst to them, Papyrus had made his way up to the gardens, he had found a floral specimen that was sure to appease his majesty's intrigue seeing as she shared his love of plants. His sockets glanced up- seeing Gaster and Sans looking behind the seated queen. He was about to call out and wave them over to check out the unusual plant before they withdrew their guns shakily.

Papyrus only watched on in confusion and dread- 'No- M-Maybe they had sensed an intruder-?' The heads of the guns pressed slowly into the back of her soft head, Sans' hands quivering. "You know I love you both dearly-" She spoke softly, in a forgiving way that neither would forget. Sans exhaled.

........

"We know."

BANG!

She fell to the snow limply just as the alarms began to blare- right on schedule, their skulls rearing upwards before dashing towards the great hall. "You're still aware of the plan, yes?" Gaster shouted over his shoulder as the skipped over guards, thrashing the couple that stood in their way. "Yeah, Yeah-!! Make sure everyone sees we've done it, draw attention away from the king as a suspect, grab the kid and Muffet and start over in the city, piece of cake.." Sans huffed, still in the surreal state of his actions.

They made it to the great hall in record time, Muffet and Frisk already waiting as guards swarmed in, Asgore moving past them, his bulky frame shoving them out of the way. All the friends he had gotten to know, all of them- had the same, incriminating look on their features: disappointment: "TRAITORS!!" Asgore boomed in rehearsed manner, cocking his gun- "NO!" A voice bellowed, the four of them turning to see Papyrus, stream of tears from socket to chin, voice hoarse and filled with a disgust one couldn't forget as he recited the first law of the King's Service:

"Kill all traitors..."

BANG!

Sans fiercely jolted awake, the skeleton finding it hard to swallow down breaths. It took a few minutes to calm down before he clasped his skull. He shakily exhaled.

...Just how he remembered it.

He sat there until your sleepy moan broke him out of his state, you shifting in your sleep. His saving grace... He laid back down slowly, his phalanges finding your hair through the dark, running through it softly. He rolled, shimmying closer to kiss your shoulder, more than sure that would earn him a slap in the waking world.

He would make this work. He would keep you out of danger....

He would keep you out of danger.....

(A.N: wow, that was heavy XD lemme know what you thought on this one! I look forwards to hearing it! Part 16 is coming and it's gonna be gooooood!!! Love you guys! Thanks for reading!)