✴ TWO ✴

Kalli had finally gotten back to Helicarrier and changed into a pair of (skinny) jeans, a short sleeved t-shirt and a pair of vans. All black, of course.

During that time, Kalli had time to wrap her head around what had just transpired back in New Mexico. She had lost a battle to a bunch of Mundanes and a God - that's not gonna look good on her resume. And now, as Kalli sat in front of her computer screen, all her energy seemed to have drained. Kalli pulled out her stele and dragged the tip over her stamina rune that was engraved on her skin, just below her left collar bone. The Shadowhunter suddenly had new life inside her as she read over that file that Coulson emailed her just minutes after her arrival.

"The Avengers Initiative?" She questioned to herself. Never in her time at SHIELD had Kalli heard of the Avengers Initiative and from what she read, Kalli, Chris, Natasha and Clint were the first ones allocated to the mission group. The other three were Captain Steve Rogers, Tony Stark and Doctor Bruce Banner. Kalli didn't know what she was supposed to think.

Kalli shook her head and dialled the number she found off Natasha's file. A male picked up on the other end. "Ya?" He spoke.

"Put your boss on the damn phone," Kalli said her usual cold tone.

"Who the hell-" Luchkov began before Kalli cut him off.

From her screen Kalli could see everything that was happening. There was a streetlight just outside the building where they were at which held a CCTV camera. Rookie mistake number one. "You're at 114 Solenki Plaza, on the third floor. We have an F22 exactly eight miles out. Put the woman on the phone or I'll blow up the block before you can make the lobby." Kalli smirked as she watched Luchkov place the phone by Natasha's  ear. "We need you to come in."

"Are you kidding me?" Nat argued back. "I'm working."

"This takes precedence," Kalli counter acted.

"I'm in the middle of an interrogation and this moron is giving me everything." In the background, Kalli could hear Luchkov protest against Natasha's statement. "Look, you can't pull me out of this right now."

Kalli lent back in her chair. She didn't want to have to tell Natasha what had happened over the phone, she wanted to tell her when Natasha got back to the Helicarrier. It didn't seem like that was gonna happened, the redhead assassin was just as stubborn as the Shadowhunter assassin. "Natasha," Kalli sighed once again, "Barton's been compromised."

Everything was silent on Natasha's end for a moment or two. "Let me put you on hold." Kalli watched as Natasha kicked the holy hell out of the three men. She found it amusing too. "Where is Barton now?" Natasha asked as she began walking out of the building.

Kalli shut down the surveillance footage and turned back to Natasha's, Clint's and Chris's files. "We don't know."

"Wait, what about Anderson?"

"They disappeared off radar at the same time. My guess is they're together."

"So, they're still alive?"

Kalli flipped through some files until she came across Banner's file - the man who Natasha had been tasked to recruit. "We presume so, I'll give you a proper brief when you get back. But first, we need you to talk to the big guy."

"Mitchell, you know Stark can't trust us as far as he could throw us."

"Oh no," Kalli chuckled, "Coulson's got Stark, you get the big guy."

"You little shit."

***

"And that's how we're in our current situation."