LXXI ; the gang goes to hell

* * *

            BLACK SHAPES WERE EMERGING OUT OF THIN AIR ALL AROUND THEM, BLOCKING THEIR WAY LEFT AND RIGHT; EYES GLINTED THROUGH SLITS IN HOODS, A DOZEN LIT WAND TIPS WERE POINTED DIRECTLY AT THEIR HEARTS. instead of fear, excitement and energy coursed through elara. there was no reason for it. every cell in her body urged her to begin fighting. ginny gave a gasp of horror.

            "to me," repeated the drawling voice of lucius malfoy as he held out his hand, palm up.

            elara smiled. they were trapped and outnumbered two to one. it was time to fight or die. they would finally get to see what a bunch of kids are made of.

            "to me," said uncle lucius yet again.

            "where's sirius?" harry said.

            several of the death eaters laughed. a harsh female voice from the midst of the shadowy figures to elara's left said triumphantly, "the dark lord always knows!"

            "always," echoed malfoy softly. "now, give me the prophecies, my darling niece."

            "you motherfucker," said elara, wanting nothing more than to aim her wand at uncle lucius and mutter the cruciates curse.

            "i want to know where sirius is!" demanded harry.

            "i want to know where sirius is!" mimicked the woman to elara's left. she and her fellow death eaters had closed in so that they were mere feet away from elara, harry, and the others, the light from their wands dazzling elara's eyes.

            "you've got him," said harry bravely. "he's here. i know he is."

            "the little baby woke up fwightened and fort what it dweamed was twoo," said the woman in a horrible, mock-baby voice. elara felt ron stir beside her.

            "don't do anything," muttered harry. "not yet —"

            the woman who had mimicked harry let out a raucous scream of laughter.

            "you hear him? you hear him? giving instructions to the other children as though he thinks of fighting us!"

            "oh, you don't know potter as i do, bellatrix," said uncle lucius softly. "he has a great weakness for heroics; the dark lord understands this about him. now give me the prophecy."

            it felt like the air was sucked out of elara's lungs. that was her biological mother right next to her. 

            "i know sirius is here," said harry worriedly. "i know you've got him!"