T W E N T Y

Chapter 20
Alison

Simple. That is the word I would describe the scene in front of me.

There, in front of me, was a picnic set up with a beautifully laid blanket and on top of it being my favourite fruit, cheese, bread, root beer, and a two bottles of wine.

"I wanted to get junk food like every girl likes but after talking to Penny I decided against it." Leo explains.

It's true, I might like junk food but not for a picnic. Something healthy and light would do, and Leonardo nailed it.

I turn my back on the picnic so I could look at him. "This," I gesture at the picnic, "is amazing." His baby blue eyes light up at that, "but I'm confused. Why are you doing this?" I ask him the question even if it may ruin this beautiful day. After all I wouldn't have been able to enjoy with the question burning in my head.

Leo steps back and scratches his neck. "It's an apology for acting like an ass the other day. It was uncalled for, and I'm sorry."

As he says that, I'm sure my eyes were as wide as a plate. Did thee Leonardo O'Neil just apologize? Well I'll be, it might even rain with stones and him apologizing would still be a miracle.

I nod awkwardly. "Um, uh, it's cool. Yep, it's definitely cool."

He chuckles as a response and steps closer to me. He lifts his large hand and places it on my cheek. "You're way too cute." His hand caresses my cheek.

What felt like a few minutes of looking into each other's eyes but was actually a few minutes, he let's go and clears his throat. "Let's eat, shall we?"

~~~

I burst in tears from laughing too much. "So what you're saying is that one day during an interview a fan went crazy and ran towards you screaming "You're mine!"?" I ask inbetween my laughs.

Leonardo laughs too and nods. "Yep. I swear at that moment I thought my life was over. And that's still not the worst I've seen my fans do."

My eyes widen at that, "Really?" He nods with a chuckle.

After eating lunch, Leo and I started asking each other questions which then lead to him telling me his craziest experiences. And let me tell you, this guy has had one hell of a life.

Right after catching my breath, I notice him looking at me with admiration. "What?" I ask him.

He shakes his head, "Thank you for coming here today."

"Well, it's not like I had much of a choice. Your worker was literally rushing me." I tease with a smile, "But this was nice, amazing even. So I should be the one thanking you."

Leo's eyes still don't leave mine and for some reason it seems like his face got a little closer, okay, a lot closer. He raises his large hand and caresses my cheek. "You're very beautiful, you know that?"

A blush makes its way on my cheeks, but I don't have time to reply or hide it before I feel a pair of lips on mine. Soft lips, his lips.

With instinct, I follow him by him back. I feel butterflies filling my stomach as excitement bursts in me. But the kiss doesn't last long as he breaks it and lets his blue eyes look at me for a few seconds before leaning back and dropping his hand.

Leonardo stands up and stretches out his hand for me to take, which I do. As soon as I stand up beside him, his hand snakes its way to my waist.

"We should be getting back home before it gets dark." He announces and kisses my cheek shortly after, causing the butterflies to return.

As we make our way to the car, I can't help but feel giddy at the fact that he referred to the place we live in as "home" .

Whatever that is happening, I'm happy with it. I'm happy with this Leonardo O'Neil.

••••••

Hello fellow wattpadians! It's been a while and I'm sorry.

Finally finished my exams so I'm back at writing and updating. Sorry for keeping you guys waiting. I'll be trying my best to update as fast as I can.

But the most important question is, how is everyone holding up with this whole COVID-19 outbreak? Is everyone safe? Are you guys taking measures to ensure that you're safe?

And please let me know how your country is dealing with this whole corona virus issue.

What a year to be a senior💔