Chapter 19

It was our last night in Maldives. We had spent the week snorkeling, dining in an underwater restaurant, went in a submarine and now we sat on a blanket on the beach with a table in the center and candles surrounding us under the night sky.

 We had spent the week snorkeling, dining in an underwater restaurant, went in a submarine and now we sat on a blanket on the beach with a table in the center and candles surrounding us under the night sky

"Your mum really went all out." I said laughing, "I just can't believe she planned the whole honeymoon."

"Agh, she always does stuff like this," he said whilst shaking his head, " but I guess that's the one thing my family and I love about her." a large smile was plaster on his face.

"That must be nice. You know, Even though I always had Chloe, I still wanted my biological mother's love. For as long as I can remember; I had always convince myself that I don't need them but now and again, I sometimes just want my parents' love; instead I just always recieved haterd and hostility from them. My own father doesn't even look at me and when he does the only emotion I can see embedded in his eyes is regret. On the other hand my mother told me that she regretted my existence when I was 6. I honestly don't know which is worse. When I was little she would lock me up in a dark storage room for a whole day with no food or water, as punishment for being disobedience or for misbehaving. She would always tell me to sit there and think about what I had done. I remember at one point in my life I feared the darkness more than one would fear death."

I felt my eyes begin to well up as I continued focusing my gaze on a particular star that shone brighter that the all the others in the night sky. I released a sad laugh," the funny part was that none of it was actually my fault, it was always my sister's. It was like when we were little she lived to make my life hard, but in her defense our mother set us against each other even before we could walk." My voice began to crack as the tear rolled down my face.

Eric came closer and wrapped his  warm arms around me, pulling me into his chest as my body landed up in between his legs. I felt safe and secure in his embracement with my head resting on his broad chest.

" Can I ask you something?" his words were barely audiable.

"Knock yourself out." I said but my voice was muffled due to the fact that my face was snuggled in his chest.

" Why are you telling me all of this, before we came here we barley spoke without childish yet entertaining banter." he said with a little laugh.

" You could say it's the ocean view." I said laughing, but he deadpanned me," Okay. I don't really know why but I feel like I  can trust you. You are the only person I have ever told either than Hunter."

He smiled at me and drew me into a hug whilst whispering into my ear," From enemies to friends..."

«Eric's POV»

I held her in my arms tightly with the sudden urge to protect her. I never thought I could misjudge a person so badly.

I assumed that she was a spoilt brat whose parents just pacified her with money but the truth was they broke her. And all I did was make it harder.

I continued holding her in my arms under the stars until her breath began to slow down and her tears dried out.

"All will be okay. I promise love."  I said to her sleeping form as I gathered her in my arms and began to make my way toward the hotel.

°×°×°×°×°×°×°×°×°

«Violet's POV»

"Awe, do we have to go?"I asked with a pout.

" Stop acting like a toddler. We have a flight to catch tomorrow so that I don't miss a very important meeting that you as my secretary has to also attend," he turned away form his bag and looked towards me. He grabbed my towel and through it at me.

"Heyyyy!!!"I yelled as it landed on my face.

"Pack!" he said very sternly.

°×°×°×°×°×°×°×°×°

I sat in the airplane watching the island slowly fade away in the distance from the window as we soared through the sky. I didn't want to leave this paradise and I guess I was terrified that when we get back home he would go back to his cold nature and that he would stop talking to me again.

I looked away from the window and turned to see Eric with his eyes  glued to his laptop.

The man doesn't know how to rested. We haven't even reached home yet so we technically still on holiday. I turned my head back to the window and put my headphones in my ears to listen to music, I felt my eye become heavy and they slowly began to close shut.

°×°×°×°×°×°×°×°×°×°

"Wake up Violet." he said shaking my shoulders lightly.

"Noooooooo..." I groaned.

"Violet!" he shouted shaking me more aggressively.

"Okay, okay. I am up." I said whilst sitting up straight.

"We are home." he said.

Home sweet home...

---------------------------------------------------

A/N: Hey guys 😂
I hope you all enjoyed this chapter.
Please 🙏🙏🙏
Comment I need feedback.
I don't know if  I rushed their relationship, so ya...
😅😅😅
Till the next time byezz guyzz💞

Memes: