Aftermath (day one)

Lapis POV:

I woke up the next morning to see Peri curled up beside me. Funny, I don't remember pulling her over here last night but I'm not at all complaining. I pet her hair and then grabbed my phone to notify the school and her friends that we'll be taking the next few days off, but as I was doing so, I couldn't help but notice how peaceful she looked. Despite all the horrible things that happened to her yesterday, she still looks peaceful and happy in her sleep. It's odd, but I'm not complaining.

     3rd person POV

      Peridot awoke in Lapis's arms a few minutes later without saying anything. She noticed Lapis sitting near her then tried to get up but fell over a second later before curling up on the ground beginning to whimper. She was too sore to get up. As soon as Lapis heard Peri fall, she rushed over to her to help her up.
"Peri, are you ok?" Lapis asked concerned
Peridot looked up at Lapis with some tears in her eyes, but she nodded.

Lapis held out a hand for Peridot and helped her onto the bed.
"Hey, are you ok over here for now?" Lapis asked.

Peridot nodded as Lapis ran over to the couch spreading a heated blanket across it and a variety of pillows around the couch. She then ran over to the kitchen to grab some ice packs and placed them on the table beside the couch in case Peridot wanted one. Lapis then walked to her bed grabbing a miscellaneous assortment of blankets and placing some on the couch. Once she felt that it was comfortable enough for the small and fragile girl, she walked over to the bed to help Peridot up onto the sofa and laid her down.

"There. Is that alright?" Lapis asked with genuine care and concern in her voice.

Peridot looked up at her and nodded with the slightest smile in her eyes, touched by how much Lapis cares. Immediately thereafter, Lapis smiled in response and grabbed some ice packs to replace the ones from the night before. She then re-evaluated her body to check for any new injuries to find a few painful-looking hickeys by her neck. Lapis could see Peridot took notice of her looking at the hickeys.

  "Do they hurt?" Lapis asked then looking Peridot in the eyes.

"Y-Yeah.. kinda..," Peridot responded placing a hand over one.

"Would you like something cold for it?" Lapis asked, to which Peridot nodded.

"I'll be right back," Lapis said going to her travel bag she never unpacked and pulling out a neck pillow before placing it in the freezer. While in the kitchen, Lapis grabbed Peridot's leftover salad and coffee from the day before out of the fridge and handed it to her.

"Here. You should eat some food," Lapis said wrapping blankets on Peridot now that all but one of the ice packs she needed were applied and she had gotten something to eat. Peridot noticed the blankets being applied around her but didn't mind. She quite enjoyed the sensation. She looked around to once again reassure herself she was home and safe, but was caught off guard by a sudden cold sensation on her neck and Lapis standing in front of her applying the chilled neck pillow, which felt good against her bruises.

"Ah! Sorry, did I hurt you?" Lapis asked noticing Peridot get startled as she applied the pillow.

Peridot shook her head allowing her to continue.

Lapis handed Peridot the remote and went over to Peridot's nightstand to get her phone and Nintendo to keep her entertained while she was sitting there. She walked back to see Peridot blankly staring at the turned-off TV with her fingers fiddling with the remote. Lapis placed the phone and Nintendo on the table.
     "Hey Lapis," Peridot asked turning over to Lapis.
      "Yeah?" Lapis asked facing Peridot.
      "Could you put the TV on?" Peridot asked meekly while fiddling with the remote.
      "Of course," Lapis said going over to the TV and sliding in a DVD that read Camp Pining Hearts into the DVD player. Lapis sat down at the egg chair next to the futon that was used as a couch and carefully watched over her to make sure Peridot was ok, which she was. She was content in her small space.

A/N: This took time to write haha.. more chapters to come! I am just getting a bit busy with school. Bye!