Part 20: New Superhero?

Blyke stood on the building, making sure to  not fall over from the tremor that racked through the town. He saw a faint aura from the side of a building and dashed over. 

************

Lance: Heh, why hadn't I thought of this earlier? Migrating to a low tier district and taking over! Who though it'd be this easy? Best thing is, the authorities don't give a *beep* about you. So I can literally do anything I want! Why don't you just give up to me and surrender?

Amora: Ugh! In your dreams Lance! You better get out! Leave us alone!

Lance: Oh? Why don't you make-

*Pnuh!**beam enters Lance's shoulder*

Lance: Ugh! Who-

*Flashy image of Blyke kicking Lance*

Lance: Augh!

Someone: Lance, you ok?

Lance: Ugh... who is this kid?

Blyke stood, mustering as much authority possible. Lance laughed.

Lance: Your one of those vigilantes aren't you? Do you know what happens to people like you? They get killed.

Lance snapped his fingers and 10 other people joined the fight.

O shiznuggits! 

A man dashed toward Blyke. Blyke sidestepped and dodged his attack. Another man dashed over and punched at Blyke.

I can't just keep dodging! I have to fight back.

Blyke put a finger to the man's shoulder and blasted. A different woman sliced at his cheek, creating a cut. Blyke was stunned for a moment when a man hit him on the back, causing him to cough up blood. Lance laughed.

Lance: Get him! Kill him!

Wha-what?

Everyone dashed over to Blyke to attack, leaving Blyke helpless. 

This is the reason I can't protect anyone.

I'm weak. 

But I don't want to be weak!

An aura overcame Blyke, which blasted out tremendous energy, knocking everyone off their feet. A beam formed at each of Blyke's fingers, which blasted into each of his enemies except for Lance. Lance blinked, and Blyke shot 2 beams into his legs so that he couldn't move. 

Lance: Who are you??

Blyke: Call me... Beamshot. Don't you dare mess with me, or any other low-tier districts. Otherwise, I'll be out to find you again. 

Lance didn't want to agree, but he wasn't in a state where he could argue. Lance reluctantly nodded.

Blyke walked off behind a building and sank down to the ground. 

I really did it!...

*************

Isen woke to find Blyke sprawled on the floor, snoring. Isen nudged him with his toe, but Blyke didn't even move. Isen moved to wake him up when Blyke suddenly grabbed Isen. Isen nearly jumped. Blyke started to murmur.

Blyke: Touch me... and I'm going to kill you!

Isen brushed off Blyke's hand and dashed to get dressed, leaving Blyke asleep. 

*************

Isen called Terrace over to talk about the piece he had written. 

Isen: Well... you see there had been fake jokers going around in school. I don't seem to have enough proof that Skrev is actually joker. Anyway, we know his ability. Sorry, can't publish this. 

Terrace nodded. But when Isen turned to leave, Terrace grabbed his arm. 

Terrace: That might be true, but I know that you know who Joker really is. Why are the royals hiding it from us?

Isen: We-well! I certainly don't know who Joker is. 

Terrace: Lier. I know that you do. I was the one that found out Joker's identity and wanted Cecile to publish it.  

Isen: Wait what?

Terrace: And as Arlo's lapdog, obviously you'd know! I hate you royals. You don't have authority anymore and can't do anything! 

Terrace let go of Isen's arm and was walking away when he felt an aura on his back. He turned invisible to try and run, but Isen had already gotten a lock on him. Isen pinned Terrace to the ground who screamed. 

Isen: So... you know who Joker is?  Tell me, who is it?

Terrace: You already know! It's the infamous cripple-

Isen: Shut up. You dare expose this information and I won't be the one to rip you apart. Joker will. You've seen what he's capable of, and he won't let something like you slide. Now shut up and mind your own business. 

Terrace, in fear nodded. Isen loosened his grip, and Terrace ran away. 

I hope that does it. Cause John will come for his blood otherwise. 

The door burst open, revealing Seraphina. 

Sera: So John's identity is being revealed to everyone now. I'm not sure if i can trust him anymore.

Isen: Seraphina... you're the only one that can calm him down!

Sera: I don't know if I can! Everything we did together was fake...

Isen couldn't say anything after that. Technically it was true. John being cripple and Seraphina protecting him... John could've done that just fine. 

Sera: I know the whole story now. I don't even know what happened between Arlo and John. I don't know why John doesn't want to reveal his powers! 

Isen: I mean, you could go talk to him?

Sera: But what if he has a real reason to do so? What if I trigger something? 

Isen: I don't know much either. 

Sera: Arlo... he's the one that knows the other side of the story. 

Isen: Go talk to him Sera. Maybe you can end this conflict once and for all. 

************

Arlo  considered telling Seraphina the entire thing. But they'd just stopped glaring at each other just for a few days. He didn't want to destroy their relationship. Right then, his phone pinged. 

Seraphina: Arlo, come meet me at Woaba Boba after school. 

Arlo sighed. Maybe he didn't need to call her after all. 

Later, Seraphina and Arlo sat down at a booth at Woaba Boba.

Arlo: Lets cut this short. What do you want Seraphina?

Sera: I want... I want to know what happened between you and John. I want the old one back, and the only way to do that is to understand him.