Chapter Sixty-Seven: Why are Things Always on Fire Around You?

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity."

― Edgar Allan Poe

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Come on you fat arses! LINE UP!" Sabra demands, making us line up more quickly.

"I will be examining each of your capabilities one by one to see how much more lessons you'll need," Sabra exclaims, as her wife Waiola makes her way over to her side.

"You will be assessed based on Auror terms." She says, eyes flitting over to myself and Tom for a brief second.

"Yeah, sounds great," I grumble, crossing my arms.

Waiola raises a hand, and a target appears in the middle of the field. "Destroy the target with your most powerful spell. If you can use wandless magic or nonverbal magic, use that." She demands.

"Who the hell can use nonverbal magic at our age?" I hear Myrtle gape in shock.

"Not to mention wandless magic," Greta grumbles, agreeing with her friend.

"Greta, why don't you go first," Waiola calls out to my friend. She goes a dark red, contrasting heavily to her white hair.

She steps up to the middle in front of us all, pointing her wand at the target. Her fingers twitch slightly as her raised arm tilts to cast her spell.

Unconsciously, my eyes take in her form. It was off. Completely off. If she sent out a powerful spell, she'd be knocked off her feet.

"Bambarda!" She shouts, flicking her wand. The freaking target flies back at the same time she does.

"Greta!" Gideon catches his twin before she could break her neck, falling at the awkward angle.

We all look up to see the target intact around fifty feet back. Greta groans.

"Ms. Ollivander. Your form was completely wrong. You were shaking so bad I thought you were going to collapse." Waiola snaps at the girl.

"Hey! She tried her best!" Pan snaps back, defending her friend.