chapter eight

Asuna slowed down as she felt herself nearing Luck's mana and another person's. She could feel that Luck's mana was weaker than when he left. "Luck's in trouble." Asuna sped up again and entered an area. Luck was caught and a man stood in front of him about to deliver an attack. "Go, Asta!" Asuna moved to stand behind Asta. "Sky Magic: Sky Roar!" A gust of wind escaped her lips and hit Asta's back sending him directly in front of Luck. He used his sword to stop the attack just in time. 

Asuna broke apart her spell and walked over to stand beside Asta. Suddenly Luck charged in front of them. "I'll take him on alone. Stay back!" Asuna sighed as she watched Luck attack. Suddenly, she began to feel lightheaded and fell to her knee. Happy must have felt something too because the fairy-like creature suddenly woke up. "Asuna, this is smoke magic. It's not good for us" Asuna glanced over at Asta who dispersed on of the attacks coming for Luck. "I-If Asta is...If Asta is fighting then-then so will I." Happy sighed before moving out of his pocket on her outfit and onto her shoulder. "You're so hardheaded." 

"Asuna, are you okay?" Asuna stood up and turned to Noelle with a smile. "All good. I can't use any of my mana centered attacks because those drain some of my mana too. So I won't be much help in this fight" 

Asta swung at the smoke getting rid of it, almost as fast as it was being created. Luck and Asta fell back to stand beside Asuna and Noelle. Soon, a circle of smoke swirled around the group. "See that's the thing about the Black Bulls, we don't lose!" 

As three of them attacked the smoke, Asuna fell to the ground in a coughing fit. Once it subsided, Asuna stood up and started to attack as well. "Hey Asuna, think you can figure out where he is? We have a plan" Asuna nodded before closing her eyes. Like a light in the pitch black, his mana stood out to her. She opened her eyes and pointed. "There" Luck started to fire in the direction. Asta hit the man making his tornado attack subside. Asuna closed her eyes and took in a deep breath of the clear air. 

"Hey get back here!" Asuna opened her eyes to see the man getting away in a vehicle made of his magic. Noelle started running after Asta and then Luck took off too. With a sigh, Asuna took off running as well. 

When she caught up, the man was gone. "You guys are way too fast" Noelle panted out. "Man that's too bad I was really looking forward to finishing that fight with that old guy. But that's not the mission, right? Let's forget him and get to the treasure hall." 

"Yeah, let's get moving, there's treasure to find!" 

⊱ ────── {.⋅ ✯ ⋅.} ────── ⊰

When they arrived at the powerful source of mana, they saw Yuno about to be hit by an attack. Without a second thought, Asuna and Asta took of running to stand in front of him. Asta broke the attack in half. "Hey you freaky looking pale dude, keep your hands off this guy. Yuno's not yours to fight, he's my rival!" Soon, the two brothers got into an argument making Asuna roll her eyes. Asuna moved to stand in between them. "Break it up, or I'll make you break it up, understand?" Though her tone was harsh, all three of them were smiling at each other. "Okay, I'll tell you what. We fight to see who can bring him down, no matter what it takes." 

"I know I'm not apart of this little rivalry but can I please be apart of this? I feel like I've barely done anything this whole time." 

The opponent created several clones which Asuna simply rolled her eyes at. "This is gonna be such a drag, so let's hurry up and get it over with" 

Asta started fighting while Asuna hung back for a few seconds. "You alright?" 

"Of course" 

"Good because I can't babysit you this whole fight" Asuna ran off to stand beside Asta. "Sky Magic: Sky Roar" Asuna's attack kept him pinned to the ceiling, a piece of the ceiling fell and Asta hit it back up to the opponent. He came charging back at them. "Sky Magic: Crushing fang" Asuna swipes with one way, creating a gust that sends him flying that direction before doing the same with her other hand. He quickly recovers and begins charging again. Asta simply hit him into the water. 

"Well, c'mon, what are you done already?" An attack started coming for the two shortly after. "Asta" She called, to alert him to the incoming attack. He swiped at it, breaking it in one move. Though spikes formed on it and it closed in on the two of them. Both of them fell to the ground in pain. 

"I'll tell you who I am. I'm somebody who was born without a single drop of magic power. And I'm still gonna be the wizard king I'll fight and bleed all I have too but I will prove that I can do it!" Asta speech brought a smile to Asuna's face and gave her the motivation to stand up, even though she was as bloody as Asta. Though Asuna decided to step back, this was Asta's fight and he can and will win it on his own.