18

𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝓌𝑒𝒶𝓇 𝒽𝒾𝓈 𝒸𝓁𝑜𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓈,

( second-person point of view  )

Your alarm didn't go off. You spent the night in L's room and your alarm didn't go off in the morning. You woke up rather peacefully and glance at the clock only to find you were about to be late. In a state of frantic panic, you scrambled to get your clothes off the floor and onto your body. You rushed to make yourself look presentable and prevent raising suspicion.

However, there was a major hiccup in your plan. You grabbed a bundle of white fabric from the floor because you wore a white shirt the previous day. You didn't pick up your shirt, you picked up L's. You were too tired and frazzled to realize you were wearing his shirt. L had gotten up and to work an hour before you woke up, so he was not aware your alarm didn't wake you up.

When you walked into the main room, L bid you good morning but had to do a double-take. He quickly realized you were wearing his shirt by the way it hung off of you because it was too big. L was going to jump and tell you to go back and change before any noticed, but he was too late.

"Uh, (C/n), is that Ryuzaki's shirt?" Someone asked. You gave a confused expression because you genuinely thought you were wearing your shirt.

"What? No, this is my--" You stopped mid-sentence for a heart-beat when you looked down and faced the facts. In the scramble this morning, you had, in fact, put on L's shirt by mistake. Trying to make a smooth recovery you said,

"This is my shirt, I don't know what you're talking about." It was difficult to play dumb and be convincing, but you didn't know what else to do. You couldn't possibly explain that you and your "boss" had slept in the same bed last night and your alarm didn't go off so you grabbed his shirt that was on the floor by mistake and didn't know, could you? Yeah, better not tell the truth on this one.

"It looks just like his, though," They pointed out. You shrugged, your mind going into freak-out mode.

"We must shop at the same stores," You said, taking a seat and getting started on the work ahead of you. However, your co-workers couldn't seem to let it go.

"That seems like an awfully big coincidence," Aizawa stated, folding his arms over his chest. You rolled your eyes, trying to remain calm and collected.

"Stranger things have happened," You reminded him. "Remember, we're tracking down a serial killer who can magically kill people." Aizawa grumbled but returned to his work. You glanced at L, who was trying his best not to laugh at the situation you got yourself into. You had to stop yourself from standing up and smacking him across the face. You loved the man more than anything, but he didn't help you in the slightest when you were stranded to fend for yourself. He thought you trying not to lose it was entertaining. Regardless, you got on with your day, wearing the world's greatest detective's shirt trying to pass it off as your own.

𝓉𝑜 𝒷𝑒 𝒸𝑜𝓃𝓉𝒾𝓃𝓊𝑒𝒹. . .