25

Will's POV

I was nervous, why was I nervous? I had gone over to Mike's house too many times to count. But not since I moved back.

And definitely not since he told me he was gay and my heart decided that that meant I had a chance with him. I mean I technically did, besides the fact that he's my friend.

There was around an hour before I said I would be done helping out my mom with boxes and could come over. I was already done helping my mom though, she seemed to notice my stress and 'dismissed me' to my room. But I wanted the distraction because now all I was doing was lying on my bed, staring at the ceiling, and rotating my foot from side to side so that it made a consistent thud on my mattress every half second. 

There was a knock on my door. I expected it to be El but she had already left for Max's, my mom was stressed about moving still, so that meant it was--

"Hey," Jonathon's voice was soft and comforting, as always. "Everything fairing well?"

I sat up and stared at him as he sat beside me. A shrug, that was my response for him.

Johnathon sighed, he was such a dad without even having any kids. Or maybe it was just a supportive older brother that he was, I hadn't had much of a father figure so I didn't know. 

"Things still good between you and El?"

"What do you mean?"

He cleared his throat, "Are her and Mike together again?"

I smiled, Jonathon was going to love this. I let him sweep a bit of his shaggy hair from his face while he stared at me with concern before I answered.

"Mike's gay."

Jonathon laughed.

"He came out to me," I insisted.

"You're serious?" 

I nodded. "and El doesn't like him anymore either, I think she wants to spread her wings or something but-"

"This is great!" my brother squeezed my shoulder, grinning like a madman, "you have your chance Will."

I shrugged and muttered, "I don't know about that."

He was silent for a bit, scratched the back of his neck, then asked, "You're going over to his, right?"

I nodded.

Jonathon's grin grew impossibly wider.

-------

I felt stupid. And scared. I was showing up at my crushes house to hang out with my friends while sporting the look Jonathon insisted would be 'irresistible.' 

I cursed before knocking on the front door, it felt weird to just barge in after all of the years that have passed since. 

Mrs. Wheeler opened the door.

"Hey Will! Come right in I think you're the first!" she was so cheery, bright, "Mike's up in his room."

I nodded and stepped into the house, "thanks!"

Mike was upstairs, in his room, alone. Time to get this over with I guess. I made my way upstairs and to Mike's room.

"It's Will," I said whilst knocking.

"Come in!"

I opened the door to see Mike lying on his floor staring at the ceiling. 

"Hey?"

"Hey," Mike didn't even sit up. He looked distressed, all of my worries melted away as I went to lay down next to him.

"Everything okay?" I questioned.

But Mike didn't answer. Instead he furrowed his brow and sniffed the air a couple times. He followed the scent to me and stopped his odd sniffing at my shoulder. 

"Are you wearing cologne?" 

He was inches away. All I could do was nod.

"Why?"

"Um...d-does it smell good?" My nerves were back as I stared into his eyes. His nose was on my shoulder, I was holding back the urge to just pull myself into him more.

Mike smiled, "very."

My breath caught. Why did it seem like he was flirting with me?

I closed my eyes to breath, focus, when I suddenly felt something on my neck. My eyes snapped open and I peered down at his both emotionless and flustered face. 

"D-did you just, um, kiss my neck?" There's no way, there's no way.

Mike opened his mouth to answer but a loud knock on the front door interrupted him. Another one of our friends were here.

Mike was my friend. He wouldn't kiss me, even if it was just on the neck. Right above my collarbone, the spot still felt warm.

Mike got up but I needed to stay lying down for a bit. Before he left his room completely I saw him stop, turn, look at me, then nod slowly before leaving.

------

Hope you enjoyed. I'm tired lmao. Daylight savings bitches.