76:do

Her mind darted to the memory of standing with Ezra in the open while he showed her his handcuffs. She blanched at the thought of reporters snapping pictures of the two of them. Ezra blinked and then rubbed his hair.

"It's fine. You're staff and you work for me," he shrugged. "I have security covering my ass and the places we went to are frequented zones for celebrities. So they're generally protected from the media." He said, a low glint in his eye.

"Especially your club. It's a blocked zone for paparazzi because of the private membership system." He turned to stare at her, the look in his eyes almost disapproving. "And sometimes even the authorities."

"Are you worried for me?" Amber said quickly with a smirk, but inside, her mind was in a turmoil.

She'd only just started working at the club. The reason she'd gotten the job was that they had been a little desperate for workers for the night shift. She had been lucky enough to overhear an argument between the manager and the boss over the lack of 'usable' staff.

That had been a little odd because a club as elegant and classy as the one she worked at seemed a little too good to be lacking in staff. The place was a private club that was on an invitation-only basis and the cheapest bottle of alcohol was more than US$500.

Initially, Amber had been pretty happy about that fact because the people that she served oozed with an air of elitism. It had given her a stereotypical assumption that they would be much more polite and proper, with higher levels of etiquette.

She later learnt of the ranking system of female staff members. A system that was based upon looks, weight, age and virginity. The virginity part scared her greatly, implying insidious things that her creative mind could easily concoct.

She was sure the place was much seedier than it appeared to be, but she stayed because it paid well. Anyway, she was pretty sure her rank was the lowest in the club which she hoped implied her protection. Her co-workers had made it a point to rub that fact in her 'fat, ugly, foreign face.'

"Yes," Ezra replied, meeting her eyes. His jaws were clenched, the muscles at the sides of his face jutted out a little. He looked as if he had a lot of things to say to her, but he kept quiet.

He didn't say anything after that, giving her a look that told her to follow him, so she did. Her mind was drifting back to her review of their home. The decor was pretty classy, the design mirroring that of Ezra's flat in its minimalism. She spotted a staircase leading up to other rooms at the end of a long hallway and a cosy dining table fitted with seven chairs.

The kitchen itself was a huge area with shiny marble island counters, the latest cooking appliances and a large fitted greenhouse window facing the sink. The cute addition was filled with pots of herbs and vegetables, the soft afternoon light filtering into the area creating beautiful shadows and shapes of the plants on the floor.

However, there was the occasional random decor that alluded to their individual personalities. Like the huge fluffy meerkat soft toy sitting on the couch, the funny sculpture of a squirrel on a toilet bowl and the bright pink cloth printed with Hikaru's face draped over the drying plates in the kitchen. Amber would have laughed if she wasn't so scared. The enormous pumpkin growing through that greenhouse window should have sent her cackling on a usual day. Not today.

She accidentally stepped onto a bag of empty chips on the floor and she reached down to pick the huge empty wrapper. Lays, Beer and Brats Potato Chips.

What?

"God. Casper's such a dirty little shit." Ezra growled, reaching for another bag on the floor. This time, it was unfinished judging from the crackle of chips rustling within the plastic. He glared at the offending thing, making a cluck of annoyance with his tongue.