Chapter 60.

Max pulls out of the parking lot and I stare out the passenger window, I don't want to speak first. I need to assess her mood first. She turns the radio on and turn the volume up too loud. I roll my eyes but try to ignore it, but I can't. I hate her taste is music, it gives me an instant headache. Without asking I turn the knob down and Max looks over at me.

"What?" I snap.

"Woah, someone is in a pissy mood." She says.

"No, I just didn't want to listen to that and if anyone is in a bad mood it is you. You were being rude earlier then you text me and ask me to stay, I don't get it."

"I was pissed because you brought up the wedding, now that it is settled that we aren't going there is no need for me to be pissed." Her tone is calm and sure.

"It is not settled, we didn't even talk about it."

"Yes we did. I told you I'm not going so drop it Charli."

"Well you may not be going but I am. And I am going over to your dad's house to learn to bake with Karen this week." I tell her. Wclenches her jaw and glares at me.

"You're not going to the wedding, and what are you and Karen like best friends now. You barely even know her. Why do you want to go to the wedding anyway?"

"Yes I am going to the wedding, and so what if I barely know her. I barely know you." I tell her. Her face falls and I feel bad but it is true.

"Why are you being so difficult?" She says through her teeth.

"Because you aren't going to tell me what to do. It's not happening. If I want to go to the wedding I will, and I really would like if you would come with me. It could be fun, you may even have a nice time. It would mean a lot to your father and Karen, not that you care about that."

She doesn't say anything. She lets out a large breath and I stare back out the window. The rest of the ride is spent in silence, both of us too angry to speak. When we pull up the fraternity house, Max grabs my bag out of the backseat and puts it over her shoulder.

"Why are you part of a frat anyway?" I ask her. I have been wanting to know the answer since I discovered her room the first time.

She takes another deep breath as we walk up the steps. "Because, by the time I agreed to come here the dorms were full and I sure as hell wasn't going to live with my father so this was one of the few options I had."

"Then why stay in?"

"Because I don't want to live with my father Charli. Besides, look at this house, its nice and I did get the biggest room." She smirks a little. I am glad to see her anger is wearing down.

"Why don't you live off campus?" I ask her and she shrugs. Maybe she doesn't want to have to get a job. I follow her quietly up to her room and wait as she unlocks the door. What is it with her and her obsession over no one going into her room.

"Why won't you let anyone in your room?" I ask and she rolls her eyes. She sits my bag down on the floor.

"Why do you always ask so many questions?" She groans and sits on the chair.

"I don't know, why won't you answer them?" I ask but of course she ignores me.

"Can I hang up my outfit for tomorrow? I don't want it to get too wrinkled from being in my bag."

She seems to think about it for a second before she nods and stands to retrieve a hanger from her closet. I grab the skirt and blouse out and hang them on the hanger, ignoring her sour expression at the outfit.