Groot x Reader

(Also this isn't relationship love, rocket, Groot and the reader are family and it's brother and sister relationship between them same with rocket and the reader it's father and daughter love so don't get that messed up!)

- - - -

I'm Rockets daughter and before you ask no I am not a raccoon, I'm his adoptive daughter he took me in when I was 6 years old my parents left me and I was all alone but he and one of my best friend Groot saved me from a possible death.

I would do everything for them they are my family the only people I have and love.
At the age of 16 we met a group that called themselves 'The Guardians of the Galaxy' at first I didn't really trust them but after our first mission together we grew together and they now belong to my family as well.

I mean it's a weird mix for a family a Raccoon, a tree, a half human or should I say Star Lord, Thanos daughter, Drax who's only thought is fighting, Mantis who reads everyone's feelings and me.
To say the least we were a very interesting and wild pack that we called family.

Everything was fine we succeeded our missions and had fun together until I died.
Yeah you heard right I'm dead how this happened you might ask, well we were on a mission and I sacrificed myself like I already said I would do everything for my family.

Rocket was about to be shot by an arrow of some kind but I threw myself in front of him and took the shot straight into my shoulder.
The wound wasn't too bad or so we thought, we continued to fight and finished the mission.

Gamora patched me up and the bleeding stopped everyone thought I was going to be fine including me but that sadly didn't happen.
Later that evening I got a really high fever and started to cough blood, Quill quickly started to fly me to the next planet to get me into hospital were I was diagnosed with an illness called Leucemia.

The doctors gave me at least a day because the sickness was already too big grown into my system to safe me.

In my last hours of life Rocket and Groot were right by my side while the other Guardians sat a bit back in the chairs of the hospital room.
I couldn't remember how I died the only thing I still know is that rocket petted my hair and said 'it's okay you can go now angel you did enough for this universe'

And the only thing I can remember was black.

Until I woke up in the hospital I died in.

Present  time

I just woke up in the hospital it was the last place I could remember after everything was over, I rubbed my eyes and stood up I wobbled over to the bathroom and looked at myself in the mirror.

I looked tired and pale, the dark bags under my eyes made me look dead and my hair was a complete mess.
I closed my eyes and tried to remember what happened but I couldn't remember a thing.

I washed my face and put my hair up into a bun only to reveal a big ugly scar across my collarbone down to my breast.

"Y/n"

I heard someone whisper, I turned around fast and walked out of the bathroom.
The voice kept on saying my name until I found what seemed to be a portal and on the other side I saw a planet.

"AHH"

I screamed loudly and high pitched when I felt a hand on my shoulder, I turned around to reveal a black haired men with a beard also his face was so familiar to me.

"Oh my goodness don't scare me like that Strange"

I chuckled and hugged him he started to laugh and hugged me back.

„It's nice to see you again Y/n it's been a long time"

„What happened I can't remember anything it's just all black"

„You died Y/n"

„What?"

„You sacrificed yourself for Rocket"

I nodded and all the memories came creeping back to me, I remembered the pain I felt and the sadness and how scared I felt.

"I know this is a lot to take in but we have to go now it is important the sake of this whole world is in danger"

"Y-Yeah okay lets go then"

He took my hand and walked through the portal with me, we came out at the other side and all I saw where many people ready to fight I saw the avengers and all of their friends.

And then I spotted them, my family.

"ROCKET, GROOT"

I screamed at the top of my lungs and ran towards them, the looked at me shocked and I started to cry out of happiness.

I hugged both of them tightly crying into groots shoulder while he wrapped his arms around us.

"Oh my god Y/n are you okay?"

Rocket asked and I just nodded my head not trusting my voice.

"I missed you little one"

"I missed you too Dad"

"I love you sweetheart so much I thought we lost you forever"

"I am Groot"

"I love you both so much too and trust me your not getting rid of me that easy"

A/n: So this was a request from GabrielaMillan2 i hope you like it and sorry that it's a little short!!
Hope you all are having a great day and thank you so so much for 106k reads and 2.43k Votes i'm so grateful love you all bye <3