thirty-one.

DEAD MAN!
CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE.
it's called the kanima.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

DESPITE MISSING OUT ON A DAY OF SCHOOL, AFTER HIS MOVIE DAY WITH TOBY, ADRIAN WAS KEEN TO GET BACK ON THE LACROSSE FIELD TO DISTRACT HIMSELF. After all, lacrosse was a pretty good way to clear your head when your mind is running wild.

Adrian winced behind his helmet as number nine got sent to the ground by another player from the opposite team, flying in the air before landing with a deafening thud. Gasps were heard amongst the crowd as Coach rose to his feet. "Come on! Is that even a teenager? I wanna see a birth certificate!" He yelled.

Adrian shook his head as he jogged to stand beside Scott, the two teens clutching their gear tightly. "We're losing players."

"I know!" The werewolf cried, looking desperately at the player. "Who even is that guy?" He looked over at the player who had gained most of the tackles and looked double their age.

"Eddie Obomowitz." Adrian rolls his eyes, familiar with the player and his tactics. "They call him 'The Abomination'."

As if he had heard the boy, Eddie turned to face the two teenagers. He glared at Adrian, the boy glaring straight back. Scott looked between them, confused. "You guys don't seem to like each other." He observed.

The Martin scoffed. "We may or may not have a past where things got physical after they lost a match."

The tanned boy's eyes widened. "He was the guy that broke your nose?"

Adrian smirked, twirling his lacrosse stick in his hands. "You should've seen his face."

Coach's whistle blew again, players running round the field. Adrian was at the top of his game, front and centre in earning the most goals. Unfortunately . . . someone wasn't very happy about that.

Adrian flung his ball into the net, cheers for him ringing through his ears as it went in. The teen smirked, catching someone's eye across the field.

Eddie rolled his eyes as he jogged past the boy, shoving his shoulder with his on purpose. "Out of the way, twink."

It was a grumble, but the words were clearly meant to reach the redhead's ears. Adrian reacted by slowly walking closer to the player, a cold expression on his face. "What did you just call me?" No anger was shown in his voice just yet.

Eddie scoffed and looked the boy up and down. He grinned to himself, as if pleased by his next words. "Oh come on, Martin. You ain't fooling nobody." He walked closer to the boy, getting right in his face. "The only thing I'm wondering is who's the other twink that has got you wrapped around his little finger. Or, should I say di-"