FIFTY TWO: Give Me a Reason

"ONE MORE TIME! I KNOW I CAN BEAT YOUR ASS BETTER THAN THAT!"

Groaning, I raked my hand down my sweaty face, already starting to walk back towards the elevator.
"Bakugou, you beat me nine times. Nine. You win, I lose, and you're faster than me. Cut me some slack, I'm fucking exhausted." As promised, I had invited Bakugou to race me in laps around our indoor training area, and I sorely regretted it once I got a good look at the scorch marks.

"Thanks so much for letting us come along, Songbird! Your quirk is really great!" Midoriya smiled brightly as he pocketed the booklet he had been scribbling in, and I ruffled his fluffy green hair on the way past.
"Anytime, my dude. Enji's really lucky to have interns like you with him. Though, I'm proud of my Tokoyami, too. Your whole class is looking like you'll all become amazing heroes."

But my son is better. Just saying.

Todoroki handed me a towel, and I thanked him as I began to rub at my face, uncaring that I probably looked like I'd just crawled out of a sauna after a few decades.
"We better be heading off. It's getting late, and we have a curfew." The bi-coloured boy announced, and I slung the towel over my shoulder.
"If you give me a few minutes to clean myself up a bit, I'll walk with you. I gotta pass Yuuei anyway to get home."

Bakugou stormed past me, his shoulders hunched and face pinched.
"We don't need no slow-ass hero chaperoning us!" He barked, but I didn't give him any sort of negative reaction. Instead, I met his pace, signaling for the other two boys to follow.
"I didn't mean it like that. I've just been getting lost in my head lately, and I thought it would be nice to have some company on the trip home."

He didn't have anything to say about that, so I quickly jetted off upstairs to get changed into my civilian clothes, and to dowse myself in (F/Deoderant), because I had to face the fact that I smelled putrid. Once I met back up with the boys, we started walking, and after a while, Todoroki spoke up.

"So, what exactly did happen with you and Hawks?" The entire reason I wanted to join them had been ripped out from under me, and I began to chew on my lip.
"Uh, well..."
"It's fucking obvious she doesn't wanna tell you, you half and half asswipe! Quit being a fuckwit!" Bakugou snapped from over his shoulder, and I quickly shook my head.

"N..no, no! Thanks, Bakugou, but, uh, it's okay..." I lied, turning my attention back to my friend's youngest. "There were a lot of factors resulting in the divorce, really. We got way too serious way too quickly, for starters. We barely knew each other, even after we were married. Hell, I didn't even know his name until a day or two before we split." Midoriya immediately dropped back, reaching for his notebook.
"His name..?"

These two really have no sense of personal space, do they?

"Deku, I swear to fuck I'll cave your head in!" Bakugou threatened him, and the greenet's arms straightened like planks of wood against his sides.
"That's a bit of information I'll keep to myself for now." I chuckled, stepping around a slick of ice that shimmered on the pavement surface. "Shit just got complicated, really. I stopped trusting him, and it all fell apart. That kind of thing just happens."

Todoroki nodded, seeming to buy my vague explanation, but I could see more questions lingering behind his heterochromic eyes.
"Do you miss him?" Oh, how I wished that I hadn't asked to join them now. That was the main thing on my mind, and it was debilitating. It had been almost a month since Natsuo and I had first slept together, but I just couldn't shake the bird brained liar.

"Shoto, you know I'm with your brother now." I scoffed lightly, rolling my eyes and hoping he'd just accept it and move on.
"Yes, but I don't think you two match very well." He pointed out, and my fists balled in the pockets of my coat. Bakugou stopped ahead of us, whirling around and baring his teeth.