Chapter 37 - Killer

(Y/N)'s POV
Even after trying to convince Dust to not join Dream, he was too stubborn and didn't listen to me. I returned back home and flopped on the couch, Core Frisk was waiting for me and they could obviously see that things didn't go as expected. Can't I do anything right? I'm such a big mess, couldn't even do something as simple as convincing someone. Goodness, what's wrong with me? I'm a sad excuse for a guardian.

I sigh, "Maybe I'm not fit to be a guardian..."

"What? Why'd you think that?"

"I mean, have you've seen the damage I've caused?! If Error killed me, things wouldn't have turned out like this!"

"(Y/N)... don't be silly, this was meant to happen."

I looked over to them, "What do you mean...?"

"Without you, things would've been the same or at least even worse than what it is now. There was no way of stopping Nightmare, Dream, or Cross, it just happened."

"But look at me! I'm not doing anything to help the situation!"

"You are though, your actions are more effective than you think they are... You are meant to be a guardian, (Y/N)! You're not a failure, you did your best..."

I sat up, "... I guess you're right..."

All of a sudden, a book fell from the shelf, a bit strange but I went to check it. It was Outertale, is there something wrong? I placed the book back on its shelf and teleported into Outertale, I was in the courtyard of the castle and I looked around the corner to see Dream, Killer, and Cross Chara; Chara was all beaten up and a bit glitched, Dream was trying to force a soul into them but Chara was resisting.

"I told you I need the vial! Not an ordinary soul!" Chara hissed.

"If you don't take it, I'll kill you. I'm sick of your tantrums..."

"iF i wEre yOU, i wOuLDn'T tOuCH tHoSE tHInGS..." It was Error, he was holding a soul but it was a bit distorted; half of it was determination while the other half... I'm not sure what it was. "i cAn sEe yOu miSs yOuR oRigInAl sOuL..."

Chara growled, "You...!"

"Are you seeking attention, again?" Dream asked.

Error chuckled, "hOw fUnNy, dREam... i wOuLd nEvEr hAvE tHouGht yOu'D tURn oUt tHIs waY. bUt i'VE bEeN buSy anD i wAnTED tO aSK yOu sOmeThInG... WHERE IS INK?! TELL ME NOW, DAMN IT!"

"... Since he stopped taking his vials to have feelings, I can't detect his presence." Dream looked over to the corner, "... But you can ask (Y/N) over there, who won't mind her own business."

Killer's POV
Error tried to use his strings to wrap around her, but she used her gaster blasters to wipe them away. Dream told me about her, she's the supposed guardian, the caretaker to be specific; she's supposed to know everything about the Alternate Universes and their timelines, but I know that she doesn't know anything about me. She looked over to Dream, with a bit of rage in her eyes, then I teleported in front of Dream, "You..." I teleported towards her, holding my knife high, "Don't know anything about me...!" I tried to slash her but she had a fast reaction time.

She used her bone attacks on me, but they were merely as weak as she was. It's really pathetic of her to fight me, she's weak. As we continued attacking, Nightmare came into the party. How pathetic of him, he has really lost his touch. I can't believe him anymore. But I'll let Dream take care of him. After several attacks from each of us, it's easy to tell who the weakling is. I was able to put her to the ground, she was coughing up blood and bleeding from her nose.

I crouched down to her level and yanked her hair, tears were rolling down her cheek and I laughed at her, "Oh look at you, crying... it's disgusting." Suddenly, I noticed something around her neck.

I ripped it off her neck, it was a marble necklace with her soul sealed inside the marble, what a clever girl... but not anymore. "P-Please... don't..." She begged me. I laughed at her and threw it to the ground, shattering the marble into pieces. Her soul was now revealed and it'll be a much easier target for me. Just before I made my final blow, she giggled and summoned a gaster blaster on me, "... It's best to NEVER underestimate me..."