EPILOGUE

5 years later, Diwali, Raizada house:

Khushi was busy in the preparations. Payal was running around the house having a tough time feeding her three year old son Rohan.

A frustrated payal kept the bowl on the table and said: khushi yeh rohan itna shaintan ho gaya hai...ajkal humse bilkul nehi sambhala jaata...aur yeh rohan aur rahul jab bhi ek sath hota hai aur bhi shararat karta hai.(he has become so

naughty that I can't control him...and whenever rohan and rahul are together they are absolutely uncontrollable)

Rahul was anjali's and siddharth's son who was exactly rohan's age. The two were a deadly combo. They brought the whole raizada house down when they were together.

Anjali who was at shantivan with her kids to spend diwali agreed with payal and said: bilkul sahi kaha aapne payalji...in bachcho ko sambhalna bohoti mushkil ho gaya hai...aapko pata hai kal rahul ne siddharth ke zaruri kagzat phar diya...(you are right...these kids have become very naughty..you know rahul spoilt siddharth's important papers that day).

A pregnant lavanya who was sitting closeby giggled.

Anjali: aapko bhi kuch dino mein samajh mein ayega lavanyaji (you will also understand in a few days time)

Arnav came and said: oh common di..bachhey hai to thodi shararat to karenge na..(oh common di...they are kids..so they will do a little mischief)

Anjali: chhotey tum na...khud bhi to bilkul aise hi they..(you keep quiet..you were no less...)

Khushi: tabhi to..tabhi to apni shahezaadi ko sar pe charake rakkha hai...(that's why he pampers his daughter so much)

Hey devi maaiya woh hai kaha?? (now where is she??)

Arnav: main dekhta hoon..(I'll go and see)

He went to his room and saw his little angel standing infront of the mirror.

Arnav: princess... so what's my princess doing!

A four year old girl turned around. She had a dupattaa on her head, the lipstick was more on her cheeks than lips. A mangalsutra around her neck and bangles on her hand which was double her size. She looked at arnav who was sitting down with his arms stretched out and ran into his arms giggling.

Arnav hugged her tightly and kissed her saying: to meri princess kya kar rahi thi? (so what was my princess doing)

The little girl said: papa...I want to be like mamma..

Arnav now realised the reason behind her wearing khushi's dupatta and jewellery.

She said: mamma..very pretty..

Arnav laughed looking at his 'little khushi' and said: lekin meri princess to uski mamma is bhi zyada pretty hai.(but my princess is prettier)

Her tiny hazel eyes twinkled at her father's remark.

She said: really papa?

Arnav: yes beta!

Suhaani, four year old daughter of arnav and khushi looked exactly like her mother. Those same eyes, same smile and endless blabberings.

Suhaani: papa mamma ne kaha hai ki aj diwali hai...what is diwali papa? (mom said it's diwali...what is diwali?)

Just as arnav was about to explain, khushi came looking for suhaani.

Khushi: suhaani....

Suhaani quickly hid behind arnav.

Khushi: arnavji..aapne suhaani ko kahi dekha hai kya?aur aap yahaan aise zameen pe kyun baithey hai... Yeh baap beti dono milke humey pagal kar denge..(have you seen suhaani?and why are you sitting on the floor like this...the dad and daughter will drive me mad)

She turned to go but then a bangle rolled on the floor and stopped near her feet. The bangles were so big that it slipped from suhaani's tiny hand.

Khushi picked it up and said: churi...yeh to hamari hai...(bangle..this is mine..)

She turned and realised suhaani was hiding behind arnav. She walked upto them and brought her infront. Looking at her state, khushi covered her mouth in shock and said:huh!! Hey devi maaiya..Yeh kya hai?? (oh God!! Now what is this)

Suhaani: me... mamma!

Khushi put her hand on her head and said: hey devi maaiya..abhi humey firse suhaani ko taaiyar karna hai...sab log aatey hi honge...humne ab tak poolside

mein diya nehi jalaye..yeh ladki humey pagal kar degi! (now I have to dress her up again...the guests would come in anytime..i haven't yet lighted up the poolside...this girl will drive me crazy)

Arnav chuckled hearing this. He always used to say 'yeh ladki mujhe pagal kar degi' to khushi. And now khushi was saying the same thing to her daughter. Khushi noticed his laughter and said while cleaning suhaani's face: aap aise muskuran kyun rahe hai? Aapko bohot maza aata hai na humey aise pareshan dekh ke! (why are you smiling? You're having fun seeing me like this)

Arnav crossed his arms and smirked: can't deny...yes!

Khushi rolled his eyes at arnav, and taking advantage of khushi's absentmindedness suhaani picked up the lipstick again and tried to put it on her lips. Arnav gestured with his eyes to look at suhaani.

Khushi at first didn't understand and said: kya hai! (what??)

Then again looked at suhaani and said: huh!! Firse tumne...(again you..)

She then turned to arnav and said: yeh sab aapki laad pyaar ka natija hai! Aapne hi bigaad ke rakkha hai...(you have pampered her)

Suhaani heard janvi's voice outside and ran out of the room saying: di..di..janni di...

Khushi: suhaani..suhaani ruko...(Wait suhaani...wait)

Khushi tried to run after her and before she could stop her she was already out of the room and khushi in turn twisted her ankle and fell down.

Khushi screamed in pain: aaa...

Arnav immediately ran to her and said: khushi..tum theek ho? (khushi..are you okay??)

He slowly made her sit on the bed and put her feet on his thigh. He checked her ankle and said: thoda dard hoga..(it will hurt a little)

And twisted the ankle the other way.

Khushi screamed: aaa...

And held his shoulder tightly for support. They looked up at each other and time turned six years back. The diwali day when both of them had realised and also almost expressed their feelings towards each other.

That was a day and today was also another diwali of their lives. Khushi blushed recalling the past and stood up. Arnav looked at her. Six later, khushi in a red saree made him fall in love with her yet another time. He saw her from head to toe and followed the same path up. Khushi's heart all of a sudden started racing and she fidgeted with her saree. Arnav advanced towards her and almost instinctively she moved again. A smile lingered on arnav's face as he closed in. Khushi's back hit the door. Arnav extended his hand and locked it and pinned her. Khushi clutched her saree. He moved away her hair strands and touched her cheeks and she closed his eyes.

Arnav bent towards her lips and before he claimed what was rightfully his, he whispered: khushi..lagta hai kuch lamhe aj bhi wohi thairi hui hai....kuch ehsaas aj bhi bilkul waisi....tumhe dekhti hui meri nazrein...aur tezi se dhadaktey hui tumhari dhadkan...(seems like some moments have stopped there..some feelings are still the same...my eyes lost in your beauty and your crazy heartbeats..)

Khushi looked up and said: aur kuch baatein unkahee si...(and some unsaid words...)

Arnav placed his lips on hers and she closed her eyes.

Time stopped, the world stopped, but love moved on..today, tomorrow and for eternity.

This beautiful story belongs to med writer Arnavkikhushiforever. So the the credit of this work goes to her.

Baatein kuch unkahee siजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें