°19°

Donghyuck pushed the metal door of the rooftop wide open and ran outside. Tears were running down his cheeks and he felt like suffocating. He fell on the floor and wrapped his hands around his knees and cried while leaning by the wall. 

He felt his chest heavy. Was his own life all a lie? He still hoped this was all a bad dream and he tried to believe his own thoughts, but when he looked at his hand which was scratched because of the rough pavement, he saw it. 

Now, the silver was almost hiding the red and he was only able to see some soft lines of the color. 

"Am I really an angel?" He mumbled and clenched his fist to stop the view of silver. "Am I?" 

His eyes landed on the clear sky as he screamed the words. 

Mark was relaxing on the sofa from the living room when Lucas stormed inside followed by Doyoung. The young werewolf rolled his eyes and pretended not to see his superior, but when Johnny entered the dorm as well, he stood up. 

His leader looked tired and when he dropped his body on an armchair and ruffled his hair in frustration, Mark realized something happened. 

"Did something happen?" He dared to ask and Johnny looked at him as if just realized his presence in the room. 

"We get the confirmation that he's the one." Lucas replied instead of his leader and looked at Mark with his cruel eyes. "But that High Priest knows which will lead to troubles." 

"It will lead to troubles if he finds out about Mark." 

Mark suddenly had the feeling of a lump in his throat and his palms started sweating. How will he tell him? He remembered how those wizards and witches looked at him with hostile looks. And that priest, that dark wizard terrified him as fuck. 

His eyes met Lucas and that's when he knew that the werewolf knew he was hiding something. Mark was already aware of the fact that Lucas will tell Johnny right away, but in his surprise, the male stood quiet and told Johnny to tell him what happened in that office. 

"So that priest is an asshole that's for sure." Johnny growled while his eyes got red from the anger. "He kept on saying that Donghyuck is not alone, but Jaehyun couldn't have told him about you." 

"How are you so sure?" Lucas asked to cover him up and sat down next to Mark. "He's a filthy vampire after all." 

"Yeah, he is, but we're close friends since that day I saved him years ago. We made a deal, so we're in peace now." 

Lucas laughed. 

"Sure." He smirked and Johnny showed his claws. "Chill, it's not as if now you are not allowed to be with him." 

Mark raised an eyebrow. Him? Johnny has a partner? 

His leader ignored Lucas's statement and stood up. He even told Doyoung to follow him and the two left the dorm. It was now only him and Lucas. 

Mark dared to look at the werewolf. He didn't know if he felt respect for him because he knew he was hiding something yet he didn't say a thing or disgust because he was sure that Lucas might be pretending at the moment. 

"The priest knows about you right?" 

When Lucas looked at him Mark couldn't help but nod. The tall male stood up and placed his hands on his hips. 

"What were you doing in the first place there?" 

The young werewolf looked at his hands. 

"Speak Mark. Usually you have a loud voice, did you lost it or what?" 

"No." He mumbled and looked up at him. "I wanted to see the baptism and..." 

"You and your two friends are three idiots!" 

Mark looked at him in shock. How did he know Jeno and Jisung were with him? He stood up and tried to face Lucas as if he wasn't afraid at all, but when the older took him by his collar, he felt numb and small and stupid as hell. 

"Do you know what this means?" He growled and Mark shook his head in response. "It means that if Johnny won't kill you when he finds out, the witches will because the priest will start a war." 

Lucas let him go and Mark backed away. He knew that the werewolf was right, but instead of agreeing he asked him something else. 

"How did you know about me?" 

He was sure that only him and Johnny knew. Lucas chuckled and looked down at him. 

"I'm the second in command here, you think he wouldn't tell me?" 

The tall male leaned closer and hissed at him.  

"Be grateful I covered you up this time because I might not get the chance next time." 

Mark mumbled a thanks and watched Lucas go upstairs. He heard a door being slammed and he dropped himself back on the couch. He hugged his knees and looked outside, at the sunny day and at the students that were enjoying the nice weather. 

His eyes landed on the rooftop and he though of Donghyuck. He felt sorry for him, really sorry and he knew that the angel was now in pain. Something blinded him for a second and he had to move away a bit from the object that was glowing on the roof. 

After some moments, he realized it wasn't an object. It was a person. His eyes went wide and he opened the window to see better. 

Donghyuck didn't even realize that a silver circle surrounded him. He wiped away some of the tears that fell down and stood up. What the hell was that? 

Something touched his butt and he quickly turned around only to see nothing except the closed door.  This time something touched his shoulder and he turned his head around only to see white fluffy feathers. 

His eyes suddenly went wide. Wings? He then looked at the silver circle and then he realized it wasn't the circle that was glowing, it was him.