she has an eating disorder (requested)

Hailee sat on the bathroom floor in tears, trying to ignore the racing thoughts in her mind and the sound of you knocking on the door repeatedly.

She knows you know now. There's no way she can disguise it or hide it from you any longer, although she's been struggling to keep it from you since it started weeks ago. You were starting to catch on as she started to grow thinner and thinner or complain she wasn't hungry every time you'd cook dinner or order takeout.

It was impossible to hide any more and she was frightened, unsure of how you'd react, only envisioning the look of disappointment in your eyes.

"Hailee?" Your voice was soft but obviously laced with concern. "Open the door. I just wanna talk, okay?" She sobbed, the sound making your heart break as you heard it through the door.

"I'm here, okay? Whenever you're ready to talk." You leaned against the wall and waited patiently for the door to open and just a few minutes later, it did.

There stood your girlfriend who you could barely even recognize at this point. She looked so small and fragile, so vulnerable. But she also looked scared. Her hands were shaking both from throwing up just minutes ago and from being so anxious about what you were thinking.

You didn't say anything before you pulled her into your arms. Your arms went around her shoulders, showing her that you were there for her. And as she cried against your shoulder you guided her over to the bed.

"You've lost so much weight..." you mumbled as her shirt accidentally rode up and her skin became exposed. She had kept it covered from you for so long, refusing to let you even hold her in fear that you would feel how thin she had become, like you were feeling now.

"Hailee, why?"

She whimpered and shook her head with a sob. "I'm sorry. Please don't be disappointed in me." You tilted her chin up and wiped away her tears before they could even fall from her eyes. "I am not disappointed in you. Honey, I could never be disappointed in you. I just don't understand why you'd do this to yourself. You look so fragile."

She buried her head in the crook of your neck. "I didn't mean to. I just started to one day and I couldn't stop. People say things about me all the time and I just didn't feel like I was good enough anymore."

You kissed her head softly. "You're amazing, Hailee. You're more than good enough. We need to get you some help, okay? I'll be here for you every step of the way."

And to your surprise, she nodded her head. She sighed shakily, mumbling apology after apology against the skin of your neck.

"Don't apologize. We're gonna get you feeling like yourself again. We'll get you healthy again. I love you, always will. You're not alone."

And for the first time, she smiled a little. Although she was still afraid she felt better knowing you were by her side. She had no reason to worry because, with you, she could get through anything.