91. back again

The next morning came with its own set of struggles...we were going back to Mount Weather.

Abby had decide to prepare to open it up, coming to the realization that it could be very beneficial to our people. We knew it was risky, especially to our coalition but it was something that could greatly help our camp. And so, a group of us were headed out there today to deliver some supplies and fix the power that had been damaged in the explosion of the dam.

I was nervous to go back-again-but I knew I needed to face my demons.

"You don't have to come." Bellamy whispered as the two of us loaded the Rover. He was watching me intently, trying to gage my current emotional state.

I gave him a small smile, "I'll be fine," I promised, now studying his face, "Will you?"

I knew that what happened in Mount Weather took a toll on Bellamy, it would be impossible not to have had. However, he hated talking about it no matter how much I told him it was okay to let it all out. He kept all the guilt bottled up inside and I knew it was only a matter of time before he burst.

Instead of giving me an answer, he quickly pressed a kiss to my lips before pulling himself into the Rover, "Let's go," he called to the rest of our group.

I stared him down for a moment before another voice tore my attention away, "Aves, can you take this?"

I turned towards Raven who was handing a bag in my direction. I grabbed a hold of it, giving her a grin as I climbed into the back of the Rover. Bellamy turned to me from the front, "Where are the others?" he grumbled, always micromanaging.

"They're coming." I promised as Raven flopped down in the front seat letting out a sigh.

At that moment, Octavia and Gina rounded the corner, each of them carrying a bag. "Let's go!" I yelled, a playful tone in my voice, "Bellamy will have a conniption if we don't stay on schedule."

Raven let out a laugh as Bellamy scoffed from the front. I grinned as I pulled myself forward, pressing my lips to his cheek, "I love your micromanaging." I whispered, so low that only he could hear.

Bellamy turned his head slightly, giving me a small grin before averting his eyes towards his sister and Gina, "Is that everything?" he called as the two girls pulled themselves into the Rover.

Gina nodded as I took one of the bags from her, a small sigh escaping her lips, "I think so."

"Good," Bellamy mumbled, looking over to Raven, "Let's get going."

---

The ride to the Mountain was rather quiet. The girls and I held a few conversations, before each of us fell into our own thoughts, no one saying much. Bellamy remained silent for most of the trip, only speaking once to give us some instructions as to what we were expected to do once we got there.

The sun was high in the sky by the time the Rover stopped outside the east entrance to the Mountain. Much like yesterday, a small shiver ran through my body as I gathered some of the bags and jumped out of the vehicle. Octavia followed behind me, letting out a grunt and mumbling about how she should have taken her horse instead.

I playfully rolled my eyes at her as I reached in for more of the supplies. As I turned away from the Rover, my eyes caught on Bellamy who was standing, his back to me and his eyes focused outwards from the Mountain.

"Hey," I softly called, readjusting one of the bags in my hand. Bellamy turned to me, his mind clearly elsewhere, "The summit delegation will be fine." I assured, automatically pinpointing the source of my boyfriend's stress.