Chapter 36: Sunshines

Blair ignored everything around her. She didn't have the energy to call her father so instead, Edward did it for her. Charlie was broken as well hearing the news from Renée, but what broke Charlie more is hearing that Blair never talks, act, or smile like she always do. The world around her was grey and Italy began raining which shocked everyone.

The plane was canceled saying that there might be a storm coming and they won't know when it will end. Carlisle tried to understand the unknown cause of the weather. He placed pieces together since it all happened at the beginning when Blair found out Bella was gone. The grey sky illuminated the next morning and rain appear the next. Carlisle enters Blair and Edward's room after he knocked and opened the door.

"Princess." Carlisle calls out, but Blair didn't respond and just stay sitting on the bed with her back facing him. Edward left the room to give Blair some space, but it always worried him to leave her all alone. Carlisle enters the room and walks up to Blair.

She stared straight towards the wall not even blinking once. She seemed healthy and fit as well as clean. Carlisle sat down next to her and gently place his hand on her shoulder.

"I know that you are in deep pain. It is okay to let it go, but you will need to move on. I know that you love Bella very much and she didn't return it to you, but I can assure you that if she has changed her heart then she will need for you to move on." Carlisle tells her giving the comfort that she needed. Blair turns her head to look at Carlisle as another set of tears began falling down from her dull topaz green eyes.

Blair looks down on her hands and nodded her head as she cried causing thunderous noise blast outside. Blair hugged Carlisle tightly as he held her close to him giving the comfort that she needs. A father's comfort that she needed. Esme opens the door and walked towards them. She sat beside Blair as well and held her with Carlisle while Blair cries in their arms.

Blair fell asleep as the storm outside stopped. Esme and Carlisle looked at each other before putting Blair  on the bed and cover her up gently. Edward walks in and gave them a thankful smile as Carlisle nods before they walk out their room.

——

The next morning, Blair wakes up slowly as sunlight blasted under her eyelids. She went to cover her eyes, but she was turned away from the window which made her look up and saw Edward.

They stared at each other's eyes and Blair reaches up to his face gently touching his cold skin as Edward leaned against her touch and closed his eyes sighing softly. He places his hand onto hers and gently kissed the palm of her hand before leaning close to her and kissing her head.

"Good morning." He whispers and gently nuzzles her hair softly causing for her to smile.

"Good morning." She whispers back causing Edward to feel relieved as he looks at her face seeing the smile he missed so much.

"Are you alright?" He asked her and she nodded her head as she nuzzles against his neck. He wraps his arms around his and sighed in content.

"Good...I thought I lost you." He whispers and kissed her head softly making her smile against his cold smooth skin.

"I know. I thought I lost all of you. I'm sorry I've been in the dark for soo long." She looks up at him as he held her close to him and kissed her head.

"It's alright, baby. It's alright. As long as you are okay and well." He tells her and she nodded her head. A knock came to the door as Edward stood up and walked towards the door. He opens the door as Alice came running in and jumps on Blair causing Blair to squeal in surprise and they both laugh.

Jasper walks inside smiling and shaking his head as Edward chuckles watching the two. They talked to each other and the two boys walked out the room to give them sometime.

"How is she?" Jasper asked and he could feel joy radiating from Edward.

"She's doing alright. Ma Reine is back to herself which I for one glad." Edward smiles and Jasper nodded.

"Edward." His name was called and he turns to see Carlisle who handed him the phone.

"Charlie wanted to talk to you." He says and Edward nodded before taking the phone and answering it.

"Charlie?"

"Edward, hey...I just wanted to know how Blair is doing. Carlisle said she might need sometime to heal mentally and emotionally." Charlie tells him and Edward smiled at this.

"She's alright Charlie. She's back to her normal self." Edward tells him as Charlie sighs in relief.

"Good, that's good. Take good care of my little girl or I'll hunt your ass." Charlie threatens jokingly, but serious about it making Edward and the other two smile.

"I will. Talk to you soon, bye." Charlie bid his farewell too before Edward hangs up and hands the phone back to Carlisle.

"Where's Rosalie and Emmett?" Jasper asked Carlisle.

"They went to buy food for Blair. Rosalie said and I quote, 'She is like a daughter to us and we are not just gonna let her die of starvation or I'll hunt every single bloodsuckers to get rid of my anger' which kinda scared the wits out of me a little." Carlisle chuckles causing the two men to laugh knowing that is what Rosalie saying.

"What about Esme?"

"Esme went to buy some souvenirs on our way back as well as bathing suits for tomorrow."

"I'll burn if we go outside." Jasper jokes making Edward roll his eyes, but chuckle.

"I know you would, but I meant for Blair."

"Nope, not gonna happened." Edward refuses causing the two men to look at him.

"Why is that?"

"There will be horny men there that I will be killing with my bare hands if they touch her." Edward growls causing them to shake their head.

"We will be going at night and I asked Aro if we could have the beach nearby rented privately which he let us." Carlisle tells Edward who sighed in relief.

"Good, I don't have to another to keep her safe." He mumbles, but the two heard it. They looked at one another before letting it slide...this time.

"Don't worry, Edward. Marcus told us there will be guards in the perimeter. Blair won't see them, but we would and the guards would as well." This eased Edward's mind a bit as he nodded his head.

"What's her bathing suit gonna be?" Edward asked and Jasper smirks knowing why he asked that.

"I have no idea. You'll have to ask your mother about that." Carlisle said and Edward searches his mind, but found nothing.

"Why do I feel like it is something sinister?" Edward mumbles causing both men to laugh.

"It's Esme. She's just like Alice." Carlisle shrugs and Jasper nodded in agreement while Edward groans.