Chapter 7: Barrels

"What we need is a cup of understanding, a barrel of love, and an ocean of patience."

                                                                                                    -Saint Francis de Sales

No. No. No. No. No.

That seemed to be the only word your mind could come up with as you nervously paced the deck of the ship, eyes fixated on the wood beneath your bare feet.

You heart was pounding in your chest.

What did you just see?

There was no way you just imagined that. Since you were put on this ship you'd been hearing a voice...You'd been seeing weird things...You even felt something was off about that mirror in Jimin's room...but you never could have imagined this.

Why was Jungkook in the mirror?

More importantly... what were those marking on his arms?

At first glance, you couldn't understand what they were are why they were there, but the longer you looked at them, the began to become clear....Music symbols.

You couldn't read music. You'd never learned.

But as you stared at the music notes, you could almost hear the melody playing out in your head as though you had been hearing it since your childhood.

Jungkook didn't seem to understand either...He asked if you could see them...

And his eyes...they were just like yours....

You ran a hand through your hair, huffing out in frustration as you march over to the barrel full of clean water, dipping the ladle in it and allowing the cool liquid to fall down your throat.

This place wasn't like anywhere else you'd been....there was something strange about it...something you couldn't quite put your finger on.

"Did you see them?"

You body froze in uncertainty as a familiar voice filled your ears, causing your head to snap to both sides.

You were hearing Jungkook, but he was nowhere to be seen.

The heat must seriously be getting to you.

"Did you see the music?"

Your eyes widened as you wiped your mouth, brows furrowing in confusion as you spun on your heel, looking for the long-haired man.

"H-Hello?" You stuttered out in shock.

"Down here."

You blinked in surprise as you looked down into the barrel of water, hands rubbing your eyes just to be sure you weren't going insane.

Jungkook's face reflected back at you in the water, his blue eyes big as he stared up at you.

You swallowed, putting your hand in the water and swishing it around.

He wasn't in the barrel...He probably couldn't even fit in it...

But how on earth were you seeing him?!

"How did you..." You couldn't even finish your question mind too confused.

The dark-haired man furrowed his brows at you in confusion, glancing around nervously.

"Did you see the markings? O-On me?"

You shook your head, biting your lip as you stepped away from the barrel.