The Bathroom Stall|Note Five

Note Five

From: Jacklyn Weurtz To: Cora Roberts
Hey, have you heard the bathroom stall rumor? How ridiculous, eh?
Sent: 8/29 4:31 p.m.

Just as I started to come up with a reply, a lie of course, Sam tapped my shoulder. "Hey, this good?"

I looked over at his messy paper, squinting at the scrawls and immediately noticing his mistake. "Not quite." I said gently, taking pencil and showing him where he forgot to factor.

He sighed and frowned down at his paper, before going back to work. I wanted to sigh too: in the past half an hour, we had gotten through three problems, which made me realized how not as intelligent Sam was than I once thought.

Focusing back on my phone and ignoring Tucker's confused stare, I hastily replied,

From: Cora Roberts To: Jacklyn Weurtz
Um... no? What's this bathroom thing?
Sent: 8/29 4:36 p.m.

"This right?"

Watching as Tucker rolled his eyes from the corner, I leaned over and nodded slowly. "Yeah, it's good. Do you think you got it covered?"

Sam's face turned panicked, and he hurriedly muttered, "Um, could we do three more problems?"

Frowning a little at Tucker's snort and dry smile, I nodded as eagerly as possible, which consisted of a slow head nod and a small smile. "Sure, why not?"

By the time we finally finished, I had a feeling this tutoring was going to kill me, mentally at least.