38

***
But I promise you this

I'll always look out for you

Yeah, that's what I'll do
***

"Alex, I'm not even dressed yet, and he's almost here." Maya digs through her closet for a shirt.
Nothing seems to be good enough for tonight.

"I swear you're so complicated. Just wear anything, it's cold out so your coat will be on." Alex tells Maya. She shoves another handful of popcorn into her mouth. Maya groans and looks at Alex who was laying across her bed.

"Give me some," Maya motions to the popcorn that Alex is eating. "No," Alex says.

Maya jumps up onto the bed and pulls the bowl away from Alex's hands. She takes a handful and chews it slowly to taunt her.

"You're annoying." Alex smiles.

"You know you're not wrong." Maya gets off her bed and walks back towards her closest. She pulls out her lavender shirt. "Does this match jeans?" Maya asks while holding up the shirt for Alex. "It's literally jeans, anything will match." Alex finishes the popcorn and lays down onto the bed.

"Don't forget to clean up," Maya says as she walks into the bathroom with her clothes. She shuts the door behind her and places her shirt and jeans onto the counter.

Maya pulls off her pajama shirt and throws it across the bathroom and quickly puts on the lavender shirt. Then she shuffles out of her shorts and throws them onto the floor in a hurry.

Once she's done changing Maya rushes out of the bathroom to find her shoes. She finds the shoes and puts them on.

The doorbell rings. "Behave yourself." Maya points her finger at Alex. She waves her hand in the air to dismiss Maya.

"Have fun but not too much fun." Alex sits back up and gives her a thumbs up. Maya stifles a laugh and rushes towards the front door where Timothée was waiting.

She opens the door quickly. He's standing outside her door with roses in one hand. "These are for m'lady," Timothée says sarcastically as he bows down to Maya. She smiles at his gesture and accepts the flowers. "Thank you," She leans forward and kisses him on the cheek.

Maya turns around and walks into her kitchen. She rummages through the cabinets and takes out the first case that she sees. She walks over to the sink and fills the vase with water.

Once done Maya places the roses into the water before turning around and heading outside. She locks the door before they begin to head down the stairs.

***

"You said you wouldn't laugh." Maya while tripping on the ice. Maya has been trying to move from the same spot for the last 5 minutes but she couldn't even stand up straight. "I'm not, I swear," Timothée says between laughs.

"I don't want to hear it, now help me." Maya reaches out for Timothée's arms to steady herself but she slips again. He puts his hands on under her shoulders and grabs her quickly to stop her from falling. He helps Maya stand back up onto her feet.

"Okay, now just give me your hands." He tells her before sticking his arms out and turning both of his palms so they would face up.