P E R F E C T L Y W R O N G

"Can I come in?"

"Can I come in?"

She nods and opens her door wider, allowing me to enter. She closes the door behind me. I looked over her room, books were laying on the floor everywhere, picture frames were also on the floor.

"I was looking at pictures of Grace and I." She sniffs.

"You don't have to explain." I whispered.

She took a seat on her bed, she swiftly moves her hair away from her face. She looked like a piece of art, so broken yet so beautiful. I quietly walked over to her, and bent down to her level.

"Carter, don't." She whispers.

"My whole life has been nothing but death, and violence. I like hurting people, putting people in danger but I can't do that to you anymore ." I say while placing my hands against her cheeks, her green eyes were staring into my blue ones. "Your mother somehow looked past the monster."

She glances down, her eyes were brimming with tears.

"You changed the monster." I said.

She meets my eyes again while tilting her head a little. She was confused by my words.

"I love your smile, your big green eyes. I love the way you know what I'm thinking when no one else can, I love the way you see past everything bad, I love that you stand up to me and challenge me, I love how you didn't give up on me." I chuckled a little, smirking a bit.

"You're perfectly wrong for me and I love every bit of it." I whispered. "I love you, Bunny." My hands tighten around her cheeks, her hands found their way up to my wrist. She places her hands on mine, tears trailed down her beautiful face.

"Don't say that, it makes it harder." She cries.

I swiftly brushed the lose strands of her blonde hair, that was covering her face. "I was a coward for not saying it back to you that night." I placed my forehead against hers, her hands trailed down to my elbow.

"I never loved your mother, I liked the idea of loving her." I say. "You deserve someone way better then me and I know that now."

She wiped her watery nose. "I can't say it back anymore."

"I deserve that but I just wanted to let you know."

One last kiss, Carter

I leaned in to meet her soft lips, her hands crawled up to my hair. Her lips became heavier on mine, I was enjoying this kiss. I leaned more into her, causing her to lay on top of her bed with me on top of her. My hand traveled down to her leg, pulling it against my side. My other hand was against the side of her neck as I deepened the kiss.

My body was use to hers, her moans, her kisses. Her whimpers filled the room, it was different with her, she was different. I can't change who I am, all I can do is save her from my lifestyle. I now understand why Iason abandoned her and Sarah, he did it out of love and safety.

I glanced at her sleeping figure, she was lying on her stomach with the sheets wrapped around her. I carefully stroked her rosie cheek, I smiled when she wiggled a little in her sleep. Even when she's sleeping, she still reacts to my touch.

I have to do what's right by her

I picked up my boxers off the floor and slid them on. I made sure not to make a lot of sound, I didn't want to wake her. I walked over to my office, I served myself some whiskey before reaching for my phone. I dialed Iasons phone number, it ringed once before he picked up.

"I'm skipping town, without Isabella." I said immediately not wanting to waste any time.

Iason: "Why?"

"Because she deserves to be happy."

Iason: "How do I know this isn't a trick?"

"You know that I wouldn't joke around about something that has to do with Isabella."

Iason: "looks like the devil can love after all."

"Be here in an hour and take care of her and Sarah, please ."

I hung up the call, and chugged down my whiskey. I had my men pack up the whole house, everything will be gone. I'll just be a fading memory for Isabella, like it should be. I was buttoning my shirt when I made my way back into Isabella's room, she snuggles more into the pillow. I place the letter I wrote for her on my side of the bed. I placed a kiss on her cheek.

"Goodbye, Isabella Evans." I whispered.

"I'm sorry."

For the first time in twenty-eight years, tears brimmed my eyes.

"Jefe, the car is ready."

Looking at her for the last time was harder then I thought.

"Good."

I love her which means I can't have her, it's apart of being a cartel leader. We're the bad guys, we don't get a happy ending. The house was getting further and further till I couldn't see it no more, she could finally live the life she deserves without me being there. My life would never be the same and it shouldn't be especially after having her.

"You did what was right."

"She's going to hate me." I laid back against my seat, letting the cold air brush against my skin. "More."

"She's going to hate the both of us."

"You're a good friend, Ryan." I said.

Ryan didn't respond, he just kept his eyes on the road. Ryan wasn't just leaving Isabella, he was leaving his child. After his sister died he noticed how dangerous our world can be, he'd rather his child grow with no father then to be in danger every five seconds.

I'm a sick man, I always have been. I saw the way my father treated my mom, the way it affected her mentally and physically. I don't want to put her through that, I don't want to be like my father either.

Memories of Isabella flashed through my mind. The first time meeting her, she was wearing a white dress, her hair was wavy and messy, she looked gorgeous. Her green eyes were the first thing I seen, then her warm smile. My first time with her, she looked so beautiful walking through my office with her pj shorts, I remember watching her fingers trace the pattern on the wall that my mother picked out so long ago.

"New York?" Ryan asks.

I glance out my window. The sun started to set, it was nice to see.

"New York it is."

••
Instagram: @ sexsationel
Twitter: @ sexsationella