Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Derrick's POV

After being the whole day at the hospital, waiting with Dave and Barb to see if Angela was going to ask to see any of us, I decided to headed home for the night.

Angela hadn't talk to any of us. We had updates about her health, mentally and physically. The doctor also told us how the little girl was doing and it was now confirmed by blood test that she was Angela's kid. The three of us weren't surprised since they looked a lot alike. They had the test rushed so everyone would know plus I'm sure Dave and Bard paid a pretty penny to have it done so fast.

The drive home I kept thinking about Carly and I knew that tonight was the night. I didn't want to get closer to the wedding date and have to do it then. I knew she was going to have a fit. I didn't understand because I could tell that she felt the same way I did. She didn't really love me, like I didn't really love her. Not real love anyway.

I parked my truck in the drive way I got out and locked my truck. Carly's car was in the driveway, so I knew she was home. I was earlier than yesterday. It was 7 at night that way I knew I'd have enough time to talk to her and also, I knew it was going to be a long night.

I opened the front door and closed it behind me.

'Carly?' I asked walking to the kitchen.

'Hey!' she heard her say.

I turned and saw her coming down the stairs. I stopped walking once I noticed her appearance. Her hair wasn't like normal, her hair was messy when it's usually was all perfect, her make-up was different, smudged, and her clothes were all wrinkled.

'You're home early, I was surprised when I heard the truck.' She said trying to fix herself up.

'Yeah.' I said. Still looking at her, I knew something was off.

'What were you doing?' I asked her.

'Nothing. I was just getting ready for tomorrow.' She answered.

I heard a noise from upstairs, like something falling and hit the floor. I looked at the stairs but didn't move so I just turned my head to look at Carly.

Her eyes were huge and staring at the floor.

'Carly?' I said to get her attention.

She looked at me. 'Derrick, I...I...' she tried saying but nothing would come out.

I wanted to laugh, this was not how I had picture the end of our relationship to be. I hadn't seen this coming but it was great. It would be easier for the both of us.

'You can tell Romeo to come down.' I asked her.

'It's...it's not...' she tried again.

'Save it. Seriously.' I answered.

'Hey, dude from upstairs, can you come down?' I said loudly so my voice could be heard through the whole house.

I heard more noise and finally I saw movement near the stairs.

I looked at Carly and then brought my eyes back towards the stairs.

Stacy, Carly's coworker was coming down the stairs. Her hair was messy and well...she looked as messed up as Carly.

I looked back at the two of them, looking back and forth.

'You're cheating on me with Stacy?!' I asked, amazed that I had never noticed before.

'Derrick...'she tried again but failed.

After a few seconds of silence I said, 'Yes continue please.'