Chapter 7

I am so sorry! This is like almost a month late! Sorry guys! I've been super busy lately because I always end up knocking out so early so my homework has been piling up and imma stop now. I don't think you guys want to read me ramble on and on. HAHA! So...Update Saturday hopefully. I'm praying that my teachers see mercy and not give me so much homework this weekend. I pray! 

Anyways, enjoy. <3 <3 <3 

.

.

.

Chapter 7

There was a small deafening silence before it happened. The soft cries of a newborn baby lit up the room and caused everyone to sigh in relief. It was loud but soft, with the promise of a good future for the couple.

Antonio leaned his forehead against his wife and kissed her cheek. 

"You did well, my dear." he whispered lovingly into her ear. He took her hand and brushed his wife's hair back and smiled. "She's finally here."

A sigh of relief and happiness left his wife's mouth. She tried to sit up and laid down again, pain clear in her eyes. 

"Antonio I want to see her." she whispered. She squeezed his hand and smiled up at him. "I want to see our baby. Our dear little Ashley."

"Here she is." The doctor handed a cleaned Ashley to Antonio and smiled down. "She's perfectly healthy. Ten fingers and ten toes."

Antonio took the baby into his arms carefully, cradling her head on the side of his elbow. Her small body fit so perfectly in his arms and he smiled down at her. Tears of happiness flooded into his eyes and his heart opened even wider. "Hello there little Ashley. I'm your papi."

The small girl looked up at him and gurgled. Her hands reached up slowly and she touched his chin. A hint of a smile came onto her lips. Her eyes closed and she fell into a slumber. Her chest moved up and down and she rested comfortably on her father's arm.

"Isabella look at her my dear. She's resting so well." Antonio looked down at his wife. His smiled instantly left his face when he saw her, eyes opened but chest not moving. "Isabella? Darling?" He whispered.

She didn't move. Her eyes were empty and lifeless while her body remained still and pale. 

As if sensing something wrong, Ashley instantly woke up and began crying.

"Doctor!" Antonio shouted. He held his daughter closer to his body, shielding her eyes to protect her. 

Though she would have no memory of this, Antonio already felt as if he had to protect Ashley from all horrible images that might taint her mind.

"Nurses get Dr. Serins." Dr. Carson turned to Antonio and gave him a stern look. "Antonio you have to get out of here now."

"No! I have to stay here! She's my wife!" Antonio shouted. His ears failed to hear the soft cries of his daughter, yearning for the touch of her mother.

"Antonio, please!" The doctor shouted. He gave Antonio a sympathetic look. "Give Ashleh to one of the nurses and leave. We can't save her if you're here. I promise we'll try our best."

Antonio faintly remember the nurse taking Ashley away. The next thing he remembers is standing outside of the emergency room, waiting for the doctor to come out and give him the news that he knew was true.

He had seen her. He had seen her pale and lifeless face. He had seen her whole body slumped against the bed with no movement in her chest. He knew that he had lost her. He knew that she had left him, had left their child motherless.