The Bathroom Stall|Note Seven

Note Seven

From: Terrence <3  To: Cora Roberts 

Hey babe, love you. 

Sent: 8/1 12:34 a.m.

From: Cora Roberts  To: Terrence <3 

Love you more <3 Come over? <3 <3 

Sent: 8/1 12:34 a.m. 

From: Terrence <3  To: Cora Roberts 

Um, how? lol 

Sent: 8/1 12:36 a.m.

From: Cora Roberts To: Terrence <3 

Like Romeo. Because you're my Romeo. <3 

Sent: 8/1 12:36 a.m.

The messages disappear as I deleted it along with twenty other similiar texts, lying in bed with my puppy, Savannah. My eyes were a little watery, as they had been every time I thought about my ex-boyfriend and the way he had betrayed me, but blinked vigorously so none of the tears would fall.

From: Terrence <3 To: Cora Roberts 

Babe, don't be mad. Maddie's full of shit. 

Sent: 8/9 7:56 p.m.

From: Terrence <3 To: Cora Roberts 

Cora? Babe? You don't beliv her wen she says she slept w/ me? 

Sent: 8/9 8:01 p.m.

From: Terrence <3 To: Cora Roberts 

Babe, don't leav me. Babe, pleaz? I LOVE YOU!!! 

Sent: 8/9 9:54 p.m.

From Terrence <3 To: Cora Roberts 

I'm falling TO PIEceS!! Without chu! Ooh wHOOoo! Pieces! Yeah! PIEEECCES. PEEE........AO45863 

Sent: 8/10 12:21 a.m.

From: Terrence <3  To: Cora Roberts 

BABEE U LITE UP MY WORLDSW LIK NO BODY.FKGT31294bknei9oeE 

Sent: 8/10 2:09 a.m.

From: Cora Roberts To: Terrence 

Listen, stop talking about other girls because I know for a fact, I no longer 'LITE UP UR WORLDSW LIK NO BODY'. Go screw Maddie. And stop screwing with me. I heard the rumors. And I heard it from a bunch of your friends. You can't lie to me anymore. 

Sent: 8/10 6:53 a.m.

They all went down the virtual trash can, erased from my phone, and soon my memory, as I let my phone drop besides me on the bed. Jacklyn had gone home thirty minutes ago, and here I was, wallowing in my sorrow and staring at old text messages gloomily.

Grabbing my phone again and scrolling through my contacts until I got to him, I hesitated, then clicked delete. I should have done it two weeks earlier when I found out that he had cheated on me, but never had the guts to the do so.

Scowling at the screen, I wondered how on earth I was supposed to give dating advice on a bathroom stall door when my own life was so messed up.

Maybe the receipients of my replies needed to take it with a grain of salt. Or as trash, like the stuff that went down the toilets everyday, and how I felt at this moment. Like shit.