[40]

A few days have passed since the cafe incident, and for the last couple of days Dom has been even more determined to stay with me than ever. Not only does he not like the idea of me being on my own, he also doesn't want to be around his father.

This morning we've been spending time on the couch, watching Netflix and cuddling. This isn't unusual for us to do on a lazy Sunday, but today we're also waiting for Riccardo and Bex to return from their trip.

"We're baaaaack!" Bex sings as she opens the door to the dorm room

"Hey" I smile and jump up off the couch giving her a hug before pulling back, taking her hand in mine and checking out the rock on her finger. "Wow, Riccardo you have good taste" I giggle softly

"My sisters helped me pick it." He admits "but I think it's perfect."

"I think so to, gosh I'm so happy for you guys. Tell me everything, how did it happen?" I take Bex's hand and walk her back to the couch to sit with me and have her tell me the story.

Dom makes his way out of the bathroom dressed in some clean clothes after his shower "Do you live here?" Riccardo laughs

"Pretty much." He shrugs

"Things are that good at home?"

"You have no idea man, no idea at all." Dom sighs and sits down on the edge of the bed

Bex looks between Dom and I and bites down on her bottom lip "Is everything okay?"

"Some things happened while you were away, but that can wait, please tell me about the proposal"

"Okay." Bex says a little unsure "Well he took me back to the spot I sent you the picture from and he got down on one knee and asked me to marry him." Bex giggles

"What? That's it? you're not going to go into detail?" I raise a brow

"It all happened so fast, but it was very sweet." She smiles, then looks back at Dom "Now, what's been happening here?"

"Papa has come up with a plan to get me to take over the crew as well as marry Cara."

"Marry Cara?" Riccardo asks with a disgusted look on his face "What the hell?"

Dom fills them in on what's been happening while they've been away, he tells them everything that Franco found out and about the car that almost ran me down and how we think it might have been on purpose to get rid of me. By the end of the fill in, Riccardo and Bex are both looking at me in pure shock.

"Do you really think your father would want someone to hurt Alena?" Bex questions

"Maybe not him, because if he did it would ruin the alliance with the Cobras, but I wouldn't put it past Cara"

"She's worse than I ever thought she was, and I always hated her" Riccardo breathes out and runs his hand through his unusually messy hair "So when is this ball taking place?"

"Next weekend apparently" Dom breathes out

"You haven't spoken to your papa at all?"

"No, but he sent me a message this morning say he needs to speak to me urgently, so I was planning on heading over tonight, grabbing some more clothes and things."

"This is really happening then? You're moving to America to work under Alena in the Cobras?" Riccardo questions

"It's really happening, I never wanted to be the don in the first place, the role is Francos and it was always meant to be Francos."

"In that case" Riccardo turns his body to face me "I was wondering if you'd allow me to become part of the Cobras?"

"Really?" I ask surprised