Book 4 ~ Chapter 4

Tenzin gave Lei all the things she needed to take care of Rohan. He even briefed her of what to do but Lei kept ensuring him that she could handle it. Lei held Rohan's hand as they walked along the sidewalk on the way to Avatar Korra Park. They arrived at the open park, where you could see people enjoying the outdoors by taking pictures by the trees, kite flying or making a wish at the fountain. Lei smiled remembering that this was hers and Mako's spot at the park.

"Whaii are wee here Wei?" Rohan asked, Lei looked down and smiled. They were walking past the fountain.

"Because, it's really nice to be outside in this weather. You should always find time to go outside, Hani," Lei answered, using a new nickname she came up with herself. Rohan slowly nodded at her response. They had stopped at the statue made in honor of Korra.

"Is that Kowwa?" Rohan asked, as he pointed up at the statue that looked like Korra. Lei nodded, as she gazed on the statue wondering how her friend was doing. She couldn't wait to see her in two days.

"Yeah, do you miss her?" Lei asked, turning to him, he looked up at her, smiled and nodded.

"Everyday," Rohan said, Lei smiled as her heart melted.

"I'm sure that Korra misses you too," Lei said, as she squeezed his small hand.

"Can we go to the playground, Wei?" Rohan asked, as he began to pull her towards the playground. Lei sighed and nodded. She brought him to the playground, where other kids were having their fun too. She let Rohan's hand go, as he ran towards the other kids. Lei sat down on a bend nearby, to watch him. She smiled at him as he played with the other children. She didn't even notice someone approach her from behind.

"Didn't really expect to see you here," a familiar voice said from behind her, snapping her out of her thoughts. She turned her body and saw Mako standing in his uniform behind her. She raised her eyebrows in surprise.

"What are you doing here? I thought you were at work," Lei asked, Mako sighed and sat beside her in the empty spot in the bench.

"I decided to give myself a day off," Mako smiled, as he rested his arm on the bench. Lei turned to him.

"Won't Prince Wu look for you?" Lei asked, Mako shook his head.

"Don't worry, I got him preoccupied," Mako said, Lei raised her eyebrow curiously.

"What'd you do?" Lei asked, as she nodded her head once at him. Mako exhaled satisfactorily.

"I unintentionally made him realize that he didn't have any outfit for the reopening of the railway in two days, then he went to his closet and hasn't came out since," Mako explained, Lei raised her eyebrows.

"Do you really think he'd stay there the whole day?" Lei asked, worried Mako could get in trouble with Lin, but he shook his head.

"He spent half a day figuring what tie he should use. So, don't worry about it, we have a whole day off," Mako said, as he turned to her. Lei slowly nodded her head.

Mako looked around first, then settled his eyes on her, and asked, "So, what are you doing here?"

"I'm babysitting," Lei smiled, Mako raised his eyebrows and sat up straight.

"Korra's here?" Mako said jokingly, as he began to look for her around. Lei laughed, as she playfully hit him on the shoulder, causing him to sit still.

"No, I'm babysitting Rohan, he's over there in the playground," Lei corrected, Mako nodded. He turned to see Rohan playing around with the swings.

"Speaking of Korra, Tenzin told me she'd be here in two days," Lei said, as she placed her hand on his lap. Mako turned to her, upon hearing the news.