Sickness

Chip's pregnancy had come as an astonishment for everyone. The childhood friends didn't believe Chip and Brownie would become parents so soon. Only yesterday they were playing hide and seek in the pack house trying not to disturb Sirius from his training. Now they were all matured and ready to build their own families. 

     And it scared them to know they couldn't be children anymore.

   "So, would you like to sleep with me tonight?" Sirius asked as him and Teddy made their way into the pack house, closing the door behind them and locking it with the key. 

     "If it doesn't bother you." Teddy responded sleepily, yawning when his mate pulled him towards the second floor. 

     Now it would have been a good opportunity for Sirius to tell his mate why he had lied to him earlier that day , but the tiredness and the coziness of the pack house were lullabying Teddy to a numb sleep and the neko wanted him to be wide awake when he would tell him the truth. So with this in mind he led Teddy to his room and let him to change into the pajamas they took from Bullock, climbing into the bed only after they were both done with their night routines.

      "Good night, Teddy!"

       "Good night,mate!" Teddy whispered tiredly, falling asleep first thing he closed his eyes. Not long after  he snuggled closer to Sirius and crossed his arms around his waist, nuzzling his face into the neko's neck with a content sigh. 

        Sirius pulled his mate closer and started to caress his scalp gently, falling into his own deep slumber with only a thought raiding his mind: "I hope Teddy and Baloo won't hate me after I tell them what I've done..."

      The next morning Teddy woke up to loud noises echoing from the bathroom. He jumped out of the bed and made his way towards the source of sounds, stopping into the threshold of the bathroom only to see his mate leaned slackly above the toilet seat. 

       "Sirius, what's wrong?"

      "Go away, Teddy! I am ok. I will come out in a moment."

        Teddy shook his head, kneeling next to his mate and placing his arms over his shoulders soothingly.

      "You don't seem ok. Are you sick?"

      Sirius sighed, mumbling a weak "no"  before a wave of nausea hit him and forced him to lean over the toilet bowl. Teddy rubbed his forehead clean of sweat and brushed his fringes out of his face, wanting nothing more than to take his mate's sickness as his own.

      When Sirius finished emptying his stomach he flushed the toilet and slid against the wall, leaning his head on Teddy's shoulder when the later came at his side as support.

      "Did this happen before?" Teddy asked after his mate's breath evened, interlocking their fingers together into his lap.

      "No."

       "Then did something that you ate upset your stomach?"

        Sirius shook his head, pulling his hand away from Teddy's and turning to look at his face with a blank gaze.

     "I am not sick because of something I ate, Teddy! I think it is because we didn't use a condom the other night."

      "What? No! You couldn't show signs so quickly. It passed only two days since we mated, Sirius..."

        "Well, I don't know... why else would I start puking like this? Shifters don't get sick!"

         Teddy flinched, the irritation in Sirius voice quite hurting him.