thirty one

{Jeons don't play}

Yoongi was first to trudge down the long ramp leading down into the underground carpark, Jimin following closely behind. They were soon blinded by the darkness as they followed the path down underground, minds focused only on the gentle footsteps that seemed to echo throughout the concrete walls. 

Yoongi found his movements stiffening as his senses became robbed by the darkness. Even his own breath seemed to die as soon as it left his mouth, it was an eerie sort of tranquility, so instead of being soothed his senses became heightened. From behind him, Jimin held one hand in front, just incase he managed to accidentally bump into a random object on his way through the dark. He felt like he'd been sucked into a void, only glued to reality by Yoongi's reassuring footsteps. 

"Hello!?" Jimin called out, his voice echoing almost endlessly through the carpark, "Namjoon... Daisy!?" he voiced, blinking a few times as he tried to adjust to the darkness. 

Yoongi and Jimin had come directly from the rooftops, receiving Namjoon's sudden message for training. Apparently, District Unknown trained at night in the abandoned underground carpark... but Yoongi couldn't seem to fathom why Namjoon would call them all together now all of a sudden?

Jimin parted his lips, drawing in a breath to let out another call, but he paused. Breath falling short as finally their eyes were welcomed with a warm light. Yoongi and Jimin both turned on their feet when one by one the poles of the carpark began lighting up with tiny lights, so mellow and gentle. Strings of lanterns glowed above their heads, causing the pair to gape in awe at the spectacle. It was dazzling to say the least, a cold run-down carpark turned into such a warm place. 

The golden light made the scene clear as Yoongi squinted his eyes, watching as four figures emerged from the darkness. Upfront was Namjoon, his long legs in a powerful stride as he walked over to where Yoongi and Jimin stood. The male gave a soft smile, dimples piercing at his cheeks as he did so, "It's funny not having you following me around anymore." Namjoon chuckled, earning a snicker from Yoongi. 

"Weird not having to cover your ass anymore." He replied, smugly folding his arms across his chest. 

Turning his gaze past Namjoon, Yoongi's eyes had adjusted enough that he was now able to make out the other figures. With a slight skip in her step was Daisy, her curly hair bunched up into a messy bun as stray strands framed her soft face. And approaching from behind her was Jungkook and Taehyung, walking side by side as they met with the group. 

Yoongi couldn't help but paint a frown across his face once he noticed that quite a few others were missing, but Namjoon was quick to read his expression, "If you're wondering where the others are... we don't really need them for the night."

Yoongi rose a brow, "Why's that?"

"They're either busy, or not attending the Banquet." He paused as he let out a breath, "For now our main focus is training you lot." Namjoon spoke up, voicing his reason for gathering the group as he gestured towards not only Jimin and Yoongi, but also Taehyung and Daisy. Jungkook on the other hand stood by Namjoon's side, his stance strong as he held himself tall... Jungkook was obviously here for a different reason. Namjoon continued to speak, "All of you, plus Hoseok and Sofia will be the ones to attend the banquet." His eyes turned dark, "This is the Jeons we're up against, so all of you need to be one hundred percent ready for any slip ups."

"Not that there'll be any." Jungkook suddenly voiced, the group falling into a state of surprise at his new tone of voice. He wasn't speaking in his usual light and airy tone, but in a more venomous and authoritative one. His stance was stronger, his usually soft eyes; a well of jet black ink held a gaze more fearsome then a tiger. "I know the Jeons like the back of my hand... and there's no way I'm going to let this plan fall through." he said, "This is our only chance before we're fucked over and we lose. We need to be prepared... very well prepared."