The Wedding

I do not own the pics

You had met a very interesting man. You two had known each other for a little over a year at the time of your engagement and you felt that having a man like him was almost too good to be true. However, there were things that made you remember that life wasn't a fairytale.

All you wanted in a man was a man that loved you, a man that was kind and could take a joke, a man that would love you no matter what you looked like, and a man that your family and friends could accept. He had to be intelligent or at least have a basic education, and he had to be able to laugh with you and not at you. You standards were a bit too high you figured because almost everyone you had met prior did not fit your criteria one way or another.

You've had a few men that would be two of those things and that was realistic, but you didn't want realistic. You didn't want a selfish man that your family loved, or a rich man with no personality, you wanted your dream guy and you wouldn't settle for any less, but in this case you did settle for that.

You settled for less and then you realized that you were too strict when it came to dating. Because the man you fell in love with, was just absolutely perfect to you.  He was as good as it could get. You thought, 'why not?'

He was everything you wanted in the end. He was sweet to you and he made you feel special. He made the cheesiest jokes and he seemed to be very social, but there was one issue.

Your closest friends and your family didn't like him.

You figured that would be the thing that broke you two apart, but your husband was there for you more than your friends. You parents adored him and that was great, but your cousins, your friends and colleagues, even your boss, just didn't like him. They told you why they didn't. They said he was overly critical of them, threatening, and rude to them. They said he had a thing for glaring and he just wouldn't let them speak when they had chats alone, but it was hard to believe when he was so caring and bright and colorful everywhere else.

So you ignored them after lots of persuasion from your fiancé to just not listen to it. When you friends began fighting amongst each other, he was there for you. When your friends began to ignore you, he was there. He was always there for you.

You understood after the fourth time of your friends bailing on you that your fiancé was the only one who cared. You began only listening to his low loving whisper, shutting almost everyone out.

and after about 11 months of dating, he proposed. There months afterwards, you two decided to get married.

It was just the two of you. No one else was invited to your wedding. You didn't have any more friends or relatives to invite and your husband-to-be didn't want to invite anyone either. Of course, you let your parent know and they respected your decision, asking for nothing more than a few pictures. Though it would be a lie to say that your folks weren't upset when you told them that you were technically eloping.

On your wedding day, you two had met on a small private beach with a priest. There a wide would've deck that the ceremony would be held at. You wore a beautiful white dress, that was light enough to be blown by the wind. The golden jewelry around your neck and the earrings dangling from your ears glittered in the sunlight. Your veil, long and seemingly never ending, danced in the wind just like your dress.

Your fiancé wore a simple black dress shirt that allowed great air flow and dark gray slacks. Earlier, you saw that he had a suit jacket on, but the beach was quite hot that evening. He had golden cuff links and his jewelry, that he wore on his ears, were golden as well so he could match with you. You felt that he looked much better in sliver, but he had insisted on matching.

When the sun began to set, you two shared your vows. You remember that he had his memorized, like he had been waiting to say those words all his life and because of that, you had stumbled over your own. He just smiled as you stuttered you way through it all, his cheeks dusted pink when you had said the words 'I love you'.

He was patient with you and you vividly remember how he began to cry at the end of it all. It started with a sniffle and you wanted to look him in the eyes and comfort him, but knew it would be better to keep your eyes on the paper that you held so delicately in your hands.

And then when you finished and you finally looked up, you saw tears upon tears falling from his beautiful eyes. His smile was pure and innocent and full of only joy despite what his tears might have suggested and before the priest had even uttered the words kiss, your husband had his arms wrapped around you, already bringing you in.

You two shared a very tearful kiss right as the sun was halfway below the horizon and, of course, you wedding photos were phenomenal, but that wasn't what you were focusing on your special days. It was just him who had your gaze, only him.

You two shared a slow dance all alone on the beach once the sun had finally set. You both had taken you shoes off, the sand proving to be a nuisance to your heels and his dress shoes. You two danced to the music that was playing from his phone. He sang the loving words of the song to you while he guided you in the dance.

But you couldn't even process the words.

All you could think of was your new husband.

I hope you guys liked that. I'm just writing this to take my mind off some things. Felt like written for something with less of a strict plot...