Chapter 0.4

CHAPTER   IV

THIRD   POINT   OF   VIEW

THIRD POINT OF VIEW

"Concentrate, Tsu. The key is to envision every injured muscle. If you don't properly mend the torn tissue then there could be future problems for your patient." Heavy beads of sweat fell from Tsubaki's creased forehead. Her eyes focused on the large gash. Once a week her mother subjected her to chakra training. The task was always to heal the wound on some poor test subject.

Today was a fish. Its flopping had died down significantly after losing so much blood. Yoshino stood over her daughter's shoulder watching carefully for any mistakes. The green chakra emitting from the child's hands was quite strong considering her age and lack of chakra cultivation. Little did Yoshino know that Tsubaki's ongoing endeavors to expand her secret reservoir in her forehead was what made the process of actually using chakra easier.

A small smile grew on her lips as she watched her ingenious child slowly begin to close up the wound. Under closer inspection, one could see that she was managing to regenerate the muscles that had been torn beautifully. It was another tense five minutes until she had finally managed to have the fish jumping with life again. Its little tail slapping in gratitude that it had been brought back from the edge of death. Yoshino clapped.

"Amazing, Tsu. You've grown so much in the last few weeks."

Tsubaki sprawled herself on the floor, beyond words of exhaustion. "So tired~."

Yoshino laughed. She took the fish to put it back in the river. "Get some rest. You're finished for today."

Silence ensued after she left. This peace was rarely found by the young girl who laid in contemplation. Classes were canceled today for some reason. Iruka-sensei hadn't told the students why when he came to each of their homes to tell their parents directly. Shikamaru was more than happy to go straight back to his bed. Tsubaki, on the other hand, had an obligation to train. If she wanted to become an outstanding medical shinobi than she needed to get familiar with handling wounds of all sorts. Reading about them and actually encountering them were two different things.

Yoshino allowed her to watch surgeries and to help heal smaller injuries. For now her amount of chakra could only handle that much.

'But a human body and a fish's isn't the same, right? Even though I'm drained it still feels like I have enough chakra to keep going.' She lifted one of her hands, staring thoughtfully at it. Callouses were starting to grow from hours of grinding herbs. 'Ino's hands are soft. I wonder if it's weird that I have callouses already...Ah, what am I thinking about?' She shook her head, clenching her fist.

Her body groaned in protest of being moved so soon. It was still fairly early in the morning. The clinic's rush hour wouldn't start until a couple of hours. It was boring just lying here. She needed to do something. 'Hm. Guess I can walk around.'