Chapter eighteen : My warrior

/ It was a cold and dark night. The moon was bright and beautiful. The stars were everywhere on this dark blue sky. Yep, it was a magnificent night.
Sometimes Layla had insomnia. Before meeting the Decepticons, she did two or three a week. It was not because of stress or some anxiety. It was just that sometimes sleep didn't come to her. But since she lived with the Decepticons, insomnia had become rare. Breakdown and Knockout made her go to bed early, and the others did everything to make her sleepy. Besides, when Shockwave had learned that she had insomnia, he had concocted "sleeping pills" to reduce them. These insomnia should not degraded the health of his dear test subject after all. And frag these "sleeping pills" were fucking strong !! Layla didn't know how he made them but she would not be surprised if she learned that these "sleeping pills" were drugs.
Despite that, Layla still had insomnia sometimes. Just one or two night a month. When that happened, Layla got up and went to the kitchen. She was preparing hot milk with caramel and strawberries in it. Then she would take a box of chocolate cookies and put everything on a tray. Before leaving her room, Layla took a bag and put a blanket and pillow in it and then she went out with the tray. Now that she had company, she could go talk to someone to pass the time. And that was how she got to sleep.
There were three decepticons in particular that stayed up late at night : Megatron, Soundwave and Shockwave. Sometimes there were also Starscream and Dreadwing but it depended on the day. In any case, she could be sure to find at least the three Decepticons awake.
This time, Layla decided to go see Megatron. It had been a long time since she had spent a night with him. So she went to his quarters and entered. Megatron was indeed awake, he was looking at something on his notepad. He noticed quickly the presence of the little human. He could heard her footsteps hitting the ground quietly. He looked up and put his notepad on the table. The insomnia of his precious pet was something he knew about. So seeing her standing in front of him at 3:00 AM was not surprising to him. He stood up and took her in his servo carefully, putting the tray on the table\

Megatron : Difficulty sleeping, my precious pet ~ ?

Layla : Yeah .. can I stay with you my Lord ?

Megatron : Of course you can ~ anything for you.

/ Megatron sat down again and laid Layla on the table. She took out the blanket and the pillow and settled down. Then she started to drink her milk and eat her cookies. It was better. So much better. But something was missing. And Layla knew what\

Layla : My Lord ? Can you tell me a story please ?

Megatron : A story ? What kind of story do you want me to tell you, my beloved pet ~ ? 

Layla : Don't know. Maybe about you ?

Megatron : Hehe ~ about me really ? I didn't expect this request.

Layla : Well you were a gladiator on Cybertron, you must have some stories about your past or your battles. I guess ?

/ Megatron chuckled. Oh how it was good to have someone who flattered our ego like that\

Megatron : Oh yes I have. Many and many. I can tell you about my first battle if you want.

Layla : Sure.

/ Megatron smiled and started to stroke Layla's head. It was a long story but it remained a good memory\

Megatron : It was quite a long time ago ...

Flashback

/ Some creatures had been attacking the city of Cybertron for a few weeks. But their shelters were found in the hills of stones. Only one thing to do : kill them. And Megatronus was appointed with Orion Pax as "army chief", being the most successful gladiators.
Orion was not for the idea of killing. He was pacifist after all. These creatures only wanted to live. It was not their fault. But Megatronus said that it was the only way. If we don't kill them, they will continue to destroy the city of Cybertron\

Megatronus : Orion, everyone is waiting. Are you ready to go ?

Orion : Yes yes .. Are you sure this is the only way ?

Megatronus : Orion for the last fragging time, yes it is the only way ! These creatures are too dangerous to stay alive ! We must get rid of them quickly before they make more damage !

Orion : Yes I know I know .. I'm sorry. It's just .. I'm not used to kill.

Megatronus : You're a gladiator for Primus sake ! Of course you have to kill sometimes. Besides, it's for the safety of Cybertron. The safety of all the sparkling. Think about it. It is not a cruel act. It is your duty.

/ Orion sighed and nodded\

Orion : Yes you're right. It is my duty to protect Cybertron.

Megatronus : Good. Glad that you finally understood.

/ They went into battle. It was obviously epic with lots of spectacular fights. Megatronus and Orion led the armies diligently and managed to exterminate the creatures. But something caught Orion's attention. Megatronus was obviously injured but a liquid other than the energon came out of his body.

It was

It was ... purple ? But energon is blue right ? So what was it ? And why does Megatronus have purple eyes ? It was odd. But Orion didn't have the time to ask because of the celebration. If only he had known\

End of flashback

Layla : So you were using dark energon during this all time ?

Megatron : Yes I did ~ this energon made me stronger. Look at me now ~ !

Layla : And it made you crazy too.

Megatron : Maybe ~ but I won, he lost. That's the difference.

Layla : Such a shame things had turned this way. Your ideas, quite crazy indeed, were not so bad.

Megatron : Hm ~ a shame indeed.

Layla : But you're still a great warrior. And you're the leader of a big army now. It is the only thing which matters.

/ Megatron chuckled and smiled. He stroked her head gently and kissed her\

Megatron : That's right my precious pet ~ I'm your warrior. Now go to sleep ~ you're tired.

Layla : Hm-Hm ... good night my Lord.

Megatron : Good night my beloved pet ~