Investigation(13)

Dipper POV

I sat for a minute in Bill's kitchen confused as to why he had left so quickly, part of me trying to figure out why he left so angry. The other part of me was mentally going through the journal.

Just like I had been with the first journal I had decoded, I was becoming obsessive. All morning even when speaking with Bill I had that familiar ack in the back of my mind. The same ack I would feel in classes or at dinner with my family. Like an inch in the back of my brain, a thought calling for attention. The more I decoded that book the harder I found it to focus on anything else, I'd think about it in class or even put it out to my lap and work on it instead of whatever the rest of the class was doing. I'd take my dinner to my room in favor of deciphering the codes instead of spending that time with Mabel and my parents.

I felt that old feeling now, my thoughts tugging towards the journal in the wall behind the couch. I knew Bill told me not to touch the journals, and I knew he might kick me out if he found out I was reading this journal. So I couldn't just set up camp in his living room again, who could say when he'd get back.

I tried to ignore it, but I couldn't find anything else around the house to do.

I even tried to clean up around the house, I did some of his dishes, wiped down counters, folded blankets, ect. (I can't be the only person that cleans when they're bored. Right?) By the time I was done it had only been about an hour, his house was very clean making it hard for me to ignore the little itch in the back of my mind.

"UUUHHHGGG" I cried flopping back on the couch.

"You seem to be enjoying yourself" Bill chuckled.

I jumped out of my skin and off the couch, landing on my feet but then falling back on my ass. Bill stood over me laughing his ass off at me.

"When did you get here!" I shouted trying to slow my startled heart.

"Sorry to startle you, should I have walked through the door?" He asked.

"Yes. That sounds better." I sighed pushing myself off the floor with the help of the couch.

"Well to bad." he hummed, "It's my house I can enter however I want." he smirked falling back onto the couch.

I rolled my eyes, "Fine." I sat back down on the couch next to him, "what are you going to do for the rest of the day?"

"Well normally I go out and write in my journal while walking around with my family." he answered.

"Can I come, I would love to meet the life of the forest I've read so much about." I asked, I want to be a part of the life I had read so much about.

"No, there are still humans out there looking for you, you should stay inside." He said, shaking his head.

"Bill."

"Pinetree" he cut me off sitting up and turning to face me, he placed his hands on my knees, "I know you want to go outside. And I know my house can be a little boring. But you really can't go out right now your family is out there right now armed to the teeth looking for you. And if your Grunkle hit you for talking back I can't imagine what he might do to you if he catches you outside. When you are ready, going back needs to be on your terms not terms like this."

"But if I'm with you I'll be safe. Right?" I knew he was right, that I shouldn't go outside, but I just got off house arrest, the last thing I want to do is stay inside.

"You shouldn't put that much trust in me." he muttered pulling his hand back from me.

"Why not?"