7| Misunderstanding Love

Kaycee's POV

"i'm going to go bring a plate to sean." i said rising from alex's dinner table.

after sean and i had our little argument, we proceeded the live but neither of us spoke much. once we ended the live, sean and ken isolated themselves into the kitchen to cook dinner for us. however, after he made dinner he just went to one of alex's guest rooms.

"kayc, maybe you should-" julian started. "i'm going up there. okay? just give us some privacy. please." i begged softly. i even felt my grip on the plate tighten. everything seemed like it was finally coming together then somehow it all just crumbles again. they nodded, letting me excuse myself.

i put a bottle of water in the pocket of my hoodie while carrying the plate of food. i reached the closed door and knocked softly. "sean, i brought you some food. maybe we can talk?" i asked, my voice filled with hope. "please?"

my head leaned on the door frame as a minute passed. i bit my lip anxiously while waiting for another minute. a sorrow sigh left my mouth before i backed away from the door. right when i got my head off of the door frame, the door swung open.

i met sean's eyes and for the first time, i couldn't read them. i gave him an apologetic look while he took the plate and put it on the dresser. sean then grabbed me gently by the hand.

he closed the door behind me then kissed me on the cheek and taking me into his secure embrace. "you're not mad at me?" i asked looking up at him. he sighed and kept quiet. "sean, i am really sorry. i trust you. so much. i wouldn't be here if i didn't. i wouldn't love you if i didn't." i reassured intertwining our hands. i sat on the bed, sean sitting beside me. after a couple moments passed, he broke away from his stiffness. he turned his body to me and put his hand on my cheek. "i love you so fucking much." sean whispered with his fingertips holding my chin so i could look him in the eyes, our faces only a couple inches apart.

"...but i don't want to feel like i'm being lied to." he sighed, eyes filled with desperation. my heart softened completely. it hurt me incredibly that he would think that.

"i would never lie to you-" i spoke but as i tried to reassure him, he interrupted.

"but you have, kaycee." he said with frustration threaded in his voice. my eyebrows furrowed. "when have i ever-"

"so many times!" he said with a shake of his head. "whether if it's with where you're going or how you're feeling or just withholding information from me in general. baby, it hurts when you do that. i try to understand you and be there for you, but i can't because you shut me out..."

"sean, i tell you everything! how am i shutting you out?!" i snapped. all i felt was my frustration bubbling up inside and finally coming out of my mouth. "you don't tell me everything, kaycee. and when you do i have to pry you open to the point i'm overstepping. i shouldn't have to feel that way when i'm your boyfriend." he explained. his voice was calm and gentle while mine was loud and accusing.

"maybe you are! not everything is your business, sean!" it was like my heart was disagreeing with my mouth. right now i was saying anything just to piss him off. "then tell me that, baby." he replied running his hand through his hair. i groaned inwardly while standing up. "is that not what i did out there a couple hours ago?!"

"you didn't tell me you felt like i was overstepping. you said you didn't want me to know. those are two different things." sean reasoned.

"that's bullshit!" i spat.

"you said you wanted to talk and that's not what you're doing. i'm five feet away from you and you're yelling at me." he stated in a sad tone. after he was met with my silence, he let out a defeated sigh and stood up. sean's arms wrapped around me, to which i pushed him off. sean held his hands up in surrender and backed away.