Chapter 29

It's been a week since we started planning for the war. It is affecting the pack members greatly but there isn't anything we can do about it. Adrien and Tyler's training is going pretty well and Jay is handling the patrolling of borders, while I'm training the warriors. It's a lot of work to do when there is just three of us to lead but Kyle needs to spend time with his mate. Speaking of whom, all his surface wounds have healed completely but he has yet to wake up. It's been seven days and he hasn't woken up that's worrying but the doctor said that he needs time to wake up as there is still some physical and mental healing left. That he will wake up whenever he's ready which I hope is soon as Kyle is getting worse. He refuses to leave his mate's side and literally is living in Stephen's room in the hospital.

I have decided to give Adrien some kind of weapons to protect himself. I don't know how would others react to a human having silver in the pack, but I need him to have it to well at least make me feel a bit better about him being anywhere near the real danger. I know I can't change his mind, cause if I was in his place I would have done the same thing.

Although it's been silent for these past days not once predicting the upcoming war, but my instincts are telling me that something is about to happen

Although it's been silent for these past days not once predicting the upcoming war, but my instincts are telling me that something is about to happen. And it's scary and frustrating as I'm responsible for the life of every person living inside this pack's territory. And I'm afraid that I might fail. It's like I'm sitting on the time bomb about to explode.

I was too deep in my thoughts just staring outside the window of my office when a hand came around my waist and pulled me back to someone's chest. Someone with nice abs that's for sure.

"Stop worrying you are doing great."

"But I'm scared what if I fail and cost everyone their life."

"That's not gonna happen. So just close your eyes and take a deep breath and try to relax."

I tried doing what he asked me to do. When I open my eyes I saw him starring at my lips and leaning in. His hands came up to hold my cheeks as he kept looking me in the eye. My eyes drifted to his lips, and then it was over. His lips caught mine in a passionate kiss, a kiss that promises me that everything will be okay, a kiss that promised me that he will be with me through it all. It wasn't rushed, it was slow like we have all the time in the world. Maybe it lasted a minute and maybe it lasted an hour. All I know is that kiss, and how soft his lips felt against mine.

We were still in the middle of the kiss when a knock sounded at the door. Adrien ignored it as his hands find my waist and pull me into him. We stayed pressing our foreheads together while trying to catch our breath.

"Cute but not the right time," Tyler said as he marched in the office.

" Dude you can't just come in like this." Adrien groaned as he still refused to let me go.

"Hey, I knocked and..."

"Tyler, why are you here?"

"Oh yeah right, I came here to tell you there's an elder at the door who wants to see you like right now."

"Shit, why didn't you start your sentence with that." I pulled myself away from my mate who still didn't want to let me go and made my way downstairs to meet the elder.

Elder coming to our pack when we are at the verge of war cannot be a good sign. I rushed to meet him or her leaving the boys to follow me. I went outside to find dad arguing with the elder.

"We can't as he hadn't woken up yet. Why is it so hard for you to understand?"

"Dad, calm down. What's going on here and may I ask you why are you on my territory?"

"Oh so you are the alpha, so the rumours are true."

"Yeah, I am the alpha. Is there any problem with that?"

He smirked at me and said, " You are summoned at the council. We expect you there in 4 days and you know who else should be there."

With that said he vanished in thin air leaving me the fear of what might happen at the council meeting.

"What was that all about?" asked Adrien.

"Well, we are fucked."