Chapter 13 - Bad Luck

A/N: Here we go ;)

Chapter 13

3rd person POV

Poe stood behind a barrier of sand as he watches his trusty droid roll away to safety with the slither of hope they have of finding Luke Skywalker. Gun aimed straight ahead as the first order ship he can't help but gawk at for a moment, lands. The hatch opens as Lor San Tekka is held tightly towards the huge ship with bird like wings. He watches attentively as his other half's twisted older brother steps out of the ship, mask on and towering over everyone around them.

He finds himself holding onto the slightly crumpled picture of the two he had snuck into his pocket when they were on their second date. He had taken it out of the x-wing in the knick of time before it was caught by troopers. "Guess it's time to meet the rest of the family, Kibo," he mutters to himself as he sees the scene unfolding before him.

He can't quite hear the chatter between Kylo Ren and Lor San Tekka but he knows now that he obviously knew Ben Solo.

"You can try, but you cannot deny the truth that is your family," the older man remarks wisely in the hope that it might trigger some of the light they all know is deep within the notorious Kylo Ren. Poe could swear in that moment he saw Ren glimpse at where he was.

"You are so right," Ren responds, almost humanely. That is, however, completely erased when he pulls out his hilt and slashes the elderly man harshly, leading to his immediate death.

Poe, not thinking whatsoever, shoots his gun but the laser doesn't even reach two meters away when both the blue bullet and himself become paralysed at the hand of his girlfriend's brother.

As two troopers grab ahold of his arms, his legs become moveable but weak. He takes a look at the floating blue energy, wondering for a second if Y/N could do that - but he erases his mind when he realises how easily Kylo could take a peek inside his head. He wasn't going to have the woman he loves taken from him that easily or quickly.

He grunts slightly as he is thrown to the floor, keeping his eye level away from the towering man in front of him. That is until he crouches and forces them to remain eye contact.

"So who talks first? You talk first? I talk first?" he jokes lightly. Everyone knows that Poe uses his blunt humour to try and ignore serious or tense situations.

"The old man gave it to you," Ren states blankly, feeling frustrated at his loss underneath the mask that covered his long, black hair and face.

"You see it's very hard to understand you with all the-" the pilot gestures to his face as the  apprentice stands again.

"Search him," he is pulled up by the two stormtroopers and patted down.

"Nothing, sir," the one on his left tells their leader.

"Bring him on board," Ren turns and starts his walk towards his ship.

Even now, Poe can't help but think "I bet this ship is fast as hell," .

As the poster boy is dragged towards the ship, Ren is paused by Phasma. "Sir, the villagers?" She hated not being in a position where he had to refer to her as 'Ma'am' or something stronger than he is. She feels inferior being so strong yet so inferior just for her gender.

"Kill them all," he responds calmly, but that's completely opposite to how he was truly feeling. On his command, the troopers aim at all of the town's villagers and begin shooting all of them - men, women and children - on Captain Phasma's command.

The noises of the blasters startle Poe and he regretfully looks at the cowering innocents who are all wondering what they did to deserve this fate.