Chapter 59: His Sun Setting

After that day, Akari had made his way to the park hours before he knew the girl would be there, just happy waiting for her. He rather liked the excitement of waiting for her and when she arrived, he would always stand up straight and hug her tightly. She always called him by his last name despite him arguing against it, but at the same time, it made him feel proud. After all, he was already at the stage where he planned for the next part of his life with her. He wanted her to take his last name when they were wed not that he expected to get married any time soon. That being said, it was a joy to think about and plan; something he often did in his spare time despite being yelled at by his teachers.

"Otsu," his teacher sighed, holding up his report card, "If you keep this up, we'll have to hold you back a grade. You won't be able to go to high school with the others."

"That's fine!" the boy grinned, rocking his chair back and forth on its hind legs, uncaring of the consequence it could have on him, "If I get held back, I'll be in the same grade as (Y/n)! Maybe even the same class!"

His teacher sighed, throwing his head back in exasperation. Akari used to be such an attentive student, but after meeting that girl, she was all he could manage to think about. His grades had slipped and he'd been given many warnings by the school yet he ignored them all, uncaring of the consequences. While many teachers had been given the task to get him set straight, none were clever enough to trick the boy into caring about his grades. This one, on the other hand, seemed to have experience with the boy's lovesick ailment.

"So," he paused, watching as Akari looked dazedly out of the window in the direction of the park, "From what I gather, you seem to have deep feelings for this girl? Hoshino tells me you go on and on about her when the two of you boys are playing."

"I can't help it," the boy beamed, taking a sudden interest in the conversation.

The teacher paused, narrowing his eyes at the blonde's sudden change in motivation. He rested his chin on the back of his hand, watching as Akari's eyes sparkled and he began to sit up straight, the chair back on all four legs. His posture had changed after hearing about the girl and the teacher took note, raising his eyebrow at it and letting out a bored hum.

"Do you have a crush on her, Otsu?" the man asked.

The boy's attitude changed once more, becoming increasingly more shy at the mention of his feelings toward her. He placed his hand at the back of his head, rubbing it nervously as his cheeks turned a light shade of red. He didn't need to answer for the teacher to know the answer to his question.

"Does she know?" the man asked.

"N-No...," Akari confessed, looking ashamed as he stared at the ground.

"I see," the teacher paused, a sudden smirk appearing on his features, "Do you want her to like you?"

"Yes!" the boy said, slamming his hands on the desk and looking at the man as if he had the answer to the predicament he was in.

"Do you know what women like?" he asked, rhetorically, earning a head shake from the blonde nonetheless, "They like smart and capable boys who can help them if they need it."

Akari began to nod his head, memorizing the information, and storing it for later. It seemed to be an effective way to reel him into a conversation he wasn't fond on having. The teacher gave a chuckle at the boy's state and drew a picture of a bland girl and a boy, labeling one of them 'Otsu' and the other '(Y/n)'. His drawings weren't very good, but Akari didn't comment, hoping the information was better than the art.