Wattpad Original
There are 7 more free parts

New York Empires

KENNEDY

I woke up, with a hangover, to an empty apartment. The room was spinning and I closed my eyes and groaned out loud.

Why the hell did I think it was a good idea to have four martinis last night?

I dragged my way out of the bedroom and into the kitchen. My head felt like it was about to explode. I started the coffee pot and poured myself a glass of orange juice and downed a couple of Advil while I waited for the coffee to finish. It was cold in the apartment. I walked back into my room to put on a sweater when I noticed exactly what I was wearing.

What the hell?

I almost dropped the glass of orange juice when I remembered last night. That I had changed in the bathroom and walked out in front of Nash's looking like this.

What the actual hell was wrong with me?

The pajamas were an old warn thing. It was tight and did not leave much to the imagination. I shook my head in embarrassment.

What the hell did Nash think about that?

God, we were friends. Friends didn't undress or wear skimpy things like that in front of each other. But then again, he was used to seeing me in shorts and tank tops. We had known each other forever. He had seen me in bathing suits and I am pretty sure in my underwear a few times too, when he came barging into my room a couple of times in high school. But it felt different now somehow. We were adults and we hadn't seen each other in a while.

Damn, I should know better.

"Why would you do that? I asked myself out loud while I started to feel very embarrassed about my actions.

I knew why, though. I had been drunk and tired. The pajamas were under my pillow. I had just grabbed them and changed in the bathroom when I took my contact lenses out. I hadn't thought anything of it. Unless I subconsciously had been aware of what I was doing? Did I want to show Nash what he was missing?

God, I hope not.

He had kissed me on the lips, though, right? Just before he left. Or had that been a dream? He had also called me beautiful.

"Oh, damn," I sighed. I really hoped he didn't think differently of me after that.

I changed into a pair of leggings and an oversized shirt and was sitting on the couch with a book in my lap when Sammy walked in the door right before noon. Along with her came the smell of greasy fries.

"Hey. I got fries, burgers, and milkshakes. It is the perfect hangover remedy," she called out as the door closed behind her.

I smiled. She was right. The greasy food had been our go-to meal in college after some of the wilder parties we had been to.

"Thank god! I think that's just what I need."

She put the bags down on the table and grabbed a roll of paper towels from the kitchen. We sat down opposite each other at the small kitchen table and dug in.

"So what happened last night?" Sammy asked with her mouth full of French fries. "Who was the tall handsome guy you were with?"

"What happened to me?" I chuckled. "What the hell happened to you is a better question. Since when do you go home with a guy just like that?"

She blushed and shook her head. "You first."

I rolled my eyes at her and popped another warm salty fry in my mouth. They were so good. It really hit the spot, just like it used to.