Part 22: Please I Do Not Want a Heart:

(Dream perceptive)

It was the longest day I had ever since I had been reborn. The Queen nitpicked on every little detail and did not stopped until she was happy with the garments I will be wearing. She made sure to order a whole new wardrobe too.

Kaleid, who been taking care of me was just being compliant and just observed from the distance.

The big human on the other hand was never seen in the castle today. The night has fallen and I am in his chamber, in a crib that Kaleid prepared long time ago. This is actually the first time I am using this crib because the big human always let me sleep next to him.

I stood up and hang myself on the side of the crib, facing the big doors of the chamber, and sucked my thumb.

'I Don't feel sleepy at all.'

It had became habitual for me to sleep with someone next to me, so I don't think I can sleep without him. Also, even though it was the busiest day of my life, I do not feel tired because it was the Queen and her servants who was running around. I just sat there and let them do whatever they want without resistance. The servants were actually surprised that I am a child that do not throw a tantrum.

Bamm!

The sudden outburst of the door made me jump. Right after, a big wobbly man came in.

'Where have you been daddy? Playing hooky?'

He paid me no glance and let himself fall on his bed, and after a few moments, I heard a big snore. Which surprised me, because for the past few months we been sleeping together, this is the first time I heard him snore.

'What did you do today?'

From my crib, I could smell his sweat and the ground, also alcohol.

'Hey, you should take a shower.'

"Magdalene." He mumbled.

'Alcohol, will never erase your problems.'

I sat down and fall on my side.

Snore.... Snore... Snore...

'Arrggg, it will be the longest night too.'

.......

(Joseph's entry)

I suddenly got up from the sudden realization that I am alone on the bed. I start feeling the bed sheets and cover to find a tiny body. When I did not feel anything, a dreading feeling that the little human might had fallen from the bed, scares the living lights out of me. I hurriedly get off the bed and walk around it, and there still no sign of her. I cowered down and started looking underneath the bed. It is so dark, but I felt a sense of hurry to find the little human. I start crawling inside when-

"The princess slept in her crib last night."

Kaleid's voice startled me and I hit the back of my head at the bed frame. I heard the bed's leg slamming on the floor afterwards. I rubbed the back of my head and slowly pull out my big body under the bed. I slowly take a glance of the piercing gaze of the mad Butler.

"The bath is ready."

He firmly said and walk towards the crib. The little human is standing in her crib with an amused face. I felt my face getting hot from welling embarrassment. I stood up and walk lazily to the bathroom.

.......

We start the morning per usual, however with a strange silence. The Queen took a few bites and stood up to excuse herself with a reason that she will be busy for the upcoming days. It seems that she is taking seriously of the upcoming celebration.