023

Jeongin put on his earphones as he waited for his mother outside the clinic room. His mother's there for a check up. She's been having a fever since yesterday and they're both worried.

Jeongin glanced on his wristwatch. His mother told him that the check up might take a while so maybe it would be fine for him to take a walk.

He got up and walked around. Until his feet brought him to a balcony.

He leaned on the glass and stared at the sky outside, inhaling the air. It was nice. Makes him think about things—about Nayeon. How is she doing right now? Is she alright?

He sighed. Maybe he should stop now.

A lady stood next to her. He turned her head to look at the lady but he quickly regretted it. If this wasn't destiny, then what is this? Wherever he goes, he always see her.

His heart raced just by staring at her. She doesn't seem to notice, looks like she too, is thinking about something deeply.

Should he greet her or should he just continue watching her?

"Noona," or maybe he could do both.

Nayeon looked at him, surprised. "What are you doing here?"

"I'm with my mother, I'm waiting for her." he smiled. "How 'bout you?"

It took Nayeon a while to answer. She took a deep breath first. "I'll be visiting my father later."

He nodded. "Why not now?"

She shrugged. "There's still someone inside his room."

And when he looked at her eyes again, that's when he noticed she'd been tearing up. She's not okay.

He tried to walk slowly towards her. "Why are you crying?" he asked softly.

She looked at him, surprised again. And then she chuckled. "I'm not." she wiped her eyes, thinking it would also wipe off her tears but it didn't. Her tears just flowed more. "Allergies, I guess." her voice broke this time.

Jeongin sighed and he went closer to her. His body faced her, he held her face and helped her wipe off those tears on her eyes. "I didn't know you have allergies."

Nayeon lifted her head and looked at him for a while. Afraid of what she just felt, she gently stepped back, keeping their distance. "I... I also just knew about it." she looked away.

He grinned and shook his head. "Why are you not going to your dad's room yet?"

"I told you, there's still someone inside —"

"No lies, please." he cut her off. "You do know that you can always tell me everything, right? I mean, we're family." he said, whispering the last sentence.

She looked down. "I'm afraid. I still haven't visited him since he was admitted. I'm nervous."

"You can do this, noona." he leaned forward. "He'll be very glad to see you visit him."

She looked at him. "How do you know about that?"

He smiled. "Every father will be happy to see their own child."

Nayeon was about to say something but Jeongin held her arms and turned her around. "Hurry and go, noona."

Nayeon glanced at him. "You really grew a lot."

Jeongin just smiled even though she can't see it.

Nayeon started to walk.

He's still smiling as he watch her leave. I hope she'll be fine. I know she'll be fine.