I Could Do About Anything

"She's working with the League?"

It sounds a bit ridiculous out loud but after thinking it over, Keigo determines that it isn't as outlandish as it seems. Enji, though, seems to be a bit stumped. "What sense would I make for her to align herself with the league? Of course she'd gain access to valuable resources and information but the League wouldn't gain much from it in return. It isn't as if money is considered a valuable resource to them." 

"Well, if you're looking at it that way then of course it wouldn't make sense. To think that this is all for monetary gain is just barely scratching the surface. Honestly, having this Sora chick and that Monoma boy on the same team is dangerous. Shouto and Katsuki have something that they both want—each other." The winged hero elaborates, though Enji still seems to be confused.

"I don't understand..."

Keigo sighs.

"Listen, babes. If Tanaka somehow manages to get Katsuki out of the picture then she—theoretically, of course—gets Shouto. And with Shouto out of Kitty Boy's hair, that gross Monoma kid is more likely than not gonna try his hand at snatching our boy again. In both cases, two very bad groups of people have their hands on our boys and some very sensitive information about All Might and his boy Midoriya. It's a bad situation all around."

"You're a lot smarter than I originally took you for." Shouto says---meant to be a compliment but the winged man takes a offense to the backhanded comment anyways.

"Excuse you, kid, how do you think I got this job to begin with?!"

"Being a genetically engineered science fair project? Definitely not brains." The dual-quirked hero responds, mumbling the last bit into his glass as he goes to take a drink.  Hawks' pout is visibly genuine as he turns to Enji.

"Daddy, am I not smart?"

"You're very smart, little one. One of the most intelligent and competent people I've had the pleasure to know." The flame hero says without missing a beat or turning away from his meal, reaching over to pet Keigo's head. The blonde turns to stick his tongue out at Shouto triumphantly.

"Didn't I just say you were smart, though?"

"I was smart before you said I was smart."

"Prove it."

Keigo's mouth opens matter-of-factly but he pauses and then slowly closes it back again, brows creased as he begins to think it over. In the end, he just glares at him.

"Shut up, frickin' bully."

"Don't be a smart-ass, Shouto." Enji says, but it's lukewarm and Shouto just shrugs. He notices that Katsuki is being awfully quiet. He reaches over to squeeze his thigh.

"You okay, sweetie?"

"Mm. Just...tired, you know?"

Shouto is smart enough to understand that Katsuki isn't talking about physical exhaustion. He's had a really tough time ever since he got to U.A---hell, since right before he had even made it in. Moments of peace or rest are fleeting and it's becoming quite a lot. Even for a hero.

Which is why he's making him stay out of this.

"I know, baby. Everything's gonna be okay, though. You trust me? You trust daddy?"

He assures him, free hand rested on his cheek as they sit nose to nose, foreheads pressed against one another. Shouto shrewdly ignores the sound of his father proceeding to choke on his dinner and though he's blushing like mad, it would seem that Katsuki has as well. He nods, swallowing the lump in his throat. Shouto catches his lips with his own, pulling back to press them against his cheek.