Midnight Calls

~As long as I'm here, No one can hurt you~Billie Eilish

Chapter Theme Song: 'Everything I Wanted' by Billie Eilish

A/N: Swipe left for the song audio :)

°°

Rainey

Alex drops me off at my gate and I tell them a farewell. I make my way up to my doorsteps then turn around to see that the car is still parked there. Alex's arms are hugging the steering wheel as he peers out at me from the driver's seat while Ansel is watching me from under his glasses. I offer them a wave and they each return one, ensuring I have gotten inside before they speed away.

Jeff and my Mom aren't on the couch tonight, and I recall that I hadn't eaten my dinner earlier because of all the drama at the table. I make my way to the kitchen to make myself some cereal, but to my utter annoyance, Jeff is at the sink rinsing a cup. I roll my eyes and decide against eating. I don't want to be in the same space as him. I turn away to head to my room when he speaks.

"Little girls should be little girls."

I raise a brow, turning my face to glare at him. "Excuse me?"

He puts the cup into the dryer and whirls around to look at me. "Bringing a guy home at your age is rather unacceptable."

I cross my arms, giving him a dirty look. "You're not my Dad, get that straight. Now in case you think you being with my mom gives you the right to control me, you're wrong. It won't happen. Not in this life or the next."

His jaws tighten as I turn away to walk out. A stern grasp on my elbow ceases my steps and I whirl around as Jeff towers over me.

"Don't fucking walk away from me. Or I will show you that I have all the control, you hear me?"

A muscle in his face twitches and I grimace at his painful hold, gritting my teeth. "Let me go."

"Have some respect. Or I will remind you why you should. Should I remind you? Have you forgotten?!" His hold tightens on my arm as he pulls me fiercely toward him. His eyes darken on me as I squirm under his grasp.

"Let me go!"

"Your father is gone, and I am in control. I have always been in control, so don't you dare turn your back to me, you little twat. You think because those little boys at school flirt with you that you have the right to speak to me however you want to? Think again, I will straighten you out!"

"Take your hands off me!"

"Don't let me have to teach you a bloody lesson, because you know I will. You know I will mess your fucking head up! Don't let me have to show you who-!"

I raise my knee and hit him straight in the groin. He hunches over in pain, clutching his center as his eyes go wide. The blood rushes to his face and the veins in his neck stand at attention. I step back as he struggles to keep on his feet.

"Ah! You little...!"

He attempts to limp toward me, so I reach for the salt bottle on my counter, unscrew the lid and throw the dust into his face. He cries out, gripping his eyes as he hurries to the sink.